1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Are Facebook Business Pages So restricted They Are Now Useless For Driving Traffic ??

I have seen my reach of one Facebook page in the UK diminish to a point where I don't even think it's worth bothering with anymore.

The only way I can see to increase reach is to pay Facebook for advertising.

Im not sure if it is worth the cost. What are peoples thoughts on Facebook pages ?? Are they next to useless these days ?? Should I consider paying to advertise ?

My aim is to drive traffic to my website.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    I keep my Facebook business page, but I don't know why. I have a present reach of 138 with 624 likes. I get a few visitors from Facebook each month, but no to very few conversions over time. Yep, I have a Facebook business page and will likely keep it, but, as stated before, I don't know why.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"The only way I can see to increase reach is to pay Facebook for advertising. "

This is very true, and central to FaceBook's business model.

Ads on Facebook are very cheap tho, and you only pay for exposure and likes. We have seen good results with setting a low budget, and a very targeted geo location. I guess it depends on what your goals are, and what you are trying to market. For local, it's pretty simple. Nationwide, or global, I don't think your FB ads would be as effective. In that case, promoting an individual post would probably be more effective than promoting your page.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Im a bit like Seo aM. i KEEP IT. I KEEP POSTING TO IT. bUT i GET VERY FEW LIKES ON Anything I post. groups seem much more effective is also an observation of mine. Im thinking its easier to get a group going and make it social and push people from groups not pages.
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!

I am USA national with a world global. Facebook is Fakebook for my application.
  11. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    I keep my Facebook business page, but I don't know why. I have a present reach of 138 with 624 likes. I get a few visitors from Facebook each month, but no to very few conversions over time. Yep, I have a Facebook business page and will likely keep it, but, as stated before, I don't know why.
    You dont know why because it's being underutilized (or perhaps your market in this case does not use Facebook as a vehicle to find/purchase product/service). Can Facebook drive traffic? Sure. What's its primary purpose though? Simply a strong way to develop and maintain your brand. It's not an advertising platform, it's a way to connect with your tribe.
  13. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Originally Posted by distinctseo
    ...perhaps your market in this case does not use Facebook as a vehicle to find/purchase product/service.
    Exactly. University students, professors and librarians are searching databases to find our products. Not social media. As stated before, it does not cost anything to keep a Facebook business presence, so we will maintain it.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  15. No Profile Picture

Facebook used to be great and easy to drive traffic to your website, however these days you need to pay them in order to get anything (although there are few tricks left).
    Google + is much better if you ask me.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

reach will be down the best option is to boost that page verify this page with your website is the only way..!
  19. No Profile Picture

I have done a case study for my business and found that with genuine likes i am not able to cross more than 25% reach with good post content. Avg is between 20 to 23% reach. Affinity, edge rank and time decay is powerful. One should not avoid facebook as customers for most businesses especially B2C are on FB. So only way left is to promote your best posts to your fans.... and try to get comments or shares from fans on best posts.

That's a small piece from my side.
    thanks
    harish bali
  21. No Profile Picture

If the objective is to drive traffic to your website, paying up Facebook is a serious option to consider as small amounts also will give you the worth.Either ways it is said that social media averagely makes 16% of the people connected with you aware about the product/service, with proper segmentation on facebook, its worth a try as it will help in a building a market of your own choice.All the more , facebook fans/friends can be asked to join you on Pinterest which is a major player today, very important for social book marking in the visual form.
  23. No Profile Picture

world global is good
  25. No Profile Picture

They have made it such that you have to use Facebook Advertising to get likes and traffic. Many people who are afraid to try smaller websites like Twiends and Traffup for facebook likes, pay Facebook as much as it wants to get likes and traffic
  27. No Profile Picture

hi dude,

According to me regular update and posts in fb business page will bring you some traffic, but as days are passing by all are going behind paid advertising in facebook..

Regular engagement in fb will help you but unless you dont pay, you il never be showed up..!!