1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Embedding like button on site

Hello everyone, glad to be on the forum.

I'm a freelance developer who makes simple HTML and CSS sites (mostly for old folks who don't even want to use a CMS). Nothing too classy, to be sure.

I have a question about embedding the Facebook like button on a site. When I add the link, and someone clicks on it, what are they liking, precisely? It's my understanding that Facebook scrapes my content and creates a page for my website, and then the like will correspond to that. But, the thing is, I already have a facebook page for the business. If I embed the like button on my website, will the likes show up on the page I already have created on Faceboo, or will it create an entirely new Facebook page from the scraper?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

When a user clicks on your like page button for the specific page that like will be counted for that page only. It doesn't create any new page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If URL of your Like button is your current page, The URL will be posted to the wall of some of the friends once someone liked your page and generate some viral traffic, but much. If the URL is your facebook fan page, clicking like button will increase your fan count of the fan page.