1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb capture all visitors for fb, google plus

we have good traffic in our site, how do i ask every visitor to google plus, fb like for the pages they are visting in the site, like products, information, articles, search results,etc.

i came across one technique, dont show the page, unless the click fb/google like or share the page
    will this work? any other techniques, pls suggest some methods
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

waiting for Experts reply... Thanks
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

What's the technique you found?
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

bsarahim, you understand why your questions aren't being answered right? Almost all of your posts have the same issue - you aren't providing us with enough information. We can't answer a question where you don't describe the "technique" you discovered. General questions like "How do I get more Facebook likes?" are also very difficult to answer because they are so broad - there are a million different ways to answer a question like that, a million different things to weigh, considerations to make, etc etc.

Please, in the future, try to provide more details about your situation when you ask a question. If you do that, I think you'll find yourself bumping your own threads with "waiting for expert replies" less often. Thank you!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sorry im also looking for technique, how can i force a content to like it or when they are leaving the site, asking them some prize to click like page, this two thoughts i have to attract the visitors.. any other thoughts are also welcome
  11. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Ah, I think that I have an idea of what you're looking for. Let me know if this is correct: so you have some traffic, or some people who read your emails, or something. You want to turn all of your traffic into social media activity. Basically, you want to know how to optimize your website so that when people visit it, they also like your Facebook page or visit your Twitter too. Is that right?

I think you've hinted that you're looking for two specific tools:
    1. A pop-up of some kind that "forces" a user to like your Facebook page when they visit your site.
    2. The option for people who read your emails to "like" your FB page right from the email itself.

For the first, I would personally recommend against a pop-up. I fear users will find it annoying, and it could eventually have a negative impact on your traffic. No way to say for sure, of course, but it stands to reason that if users feel annoyed, they will do a thing less often.

To optimize a piece of content and attempt to capture social media activity, the simplest thing to do would be to place icons of some kind at the beginning and end of the article. Users could click those icons to like a page or share an article. I don't personally know of a tool for that, but I'm sure that there is one.

Doing a simple Google search, I found this tool for example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/really...share-buttons/ (I can't vouch for it because I haven't used it, though. So be careful!)

Other things...hm...there is a tool for Twitter I can suggest if you have a Wordpress site/blog. Take a look at this page really quick, if you will: Ghost Bugs and the Right to be Forgotten - Weekly Forum Roundup

See how there are periodic "click to tweet" sections with little quotes from the article? I believe that's done with a Wordpress plugin called Tweet This. It's worked well for us so far.

Moving on to the email like and share buttons...I imagine there must be plugins out there for that too. Let's see...

Office 365 has a way to add icons built right into it: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-dab15b78cf08

If you use Mailchimp, they have a way for users to "like" campaigns you run: Add a Like Button to a Link in a Campaign | MailChimp.com: KB Article

I think it will really depend on the platform that you're using for your site and emails.

Hope some of that helps!

Comments on this post

• ashishseo2013 agrees
    • waqasahmad agrees : That is a great answer. There is no other way to force people in liking your social media pages
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Ah, I think that I have an idea of what you're looking for. Let me know if this is correct: so you have some traffic, or some people who read your emails, or something. You want to turn all of your traffic into social media activity. Basically, you want to know how to optimize your website so that when people visit it, they also like your Facebook page or visit your Twitter too. Is that right?

I think you've hinted that you're looking for two specific tools:
    1. A pop-up of some kind that "forces" a user to like your Facebook page when they visit your site.
    2. The option for people who read your emails to "like" your FB page right from the email itself.

For the first, I would personally recommend against a pop-up. I fear users will find it annoying, and it could eventually have a negative impact on your traffic. No way to say for sure, of course, but it stands to reason that if users feel annoyed, they will do a thing less often.

To optimize a piece of content and attempt to capture social media activity, the simplest thing to do would be to place icons of some kind at the beginning and end of the article. Users could click those icons to like a page or share an article. I don't personally know of a tool for that, but I'm sure that there is one.

Doing a simple Google search, I found this tool for example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/really...share-buttons/ (I can't vouch for it because I haven't used it, though. So be careful!)

Other things...hm...there is a tool for Twitter I can suggest if you have a Wordpress site/blog. Take a look at this page really quick, if you will: Ghost Bugs and the Right to be Forgotten - Weekly Forum Roundup

See how there are periodic "click to tweet" sections with little quotes from the article? I believe that's done with a Wordpress plugin called Tweet This. It's worked well for us so far.

Moving on to the email like and share buttons...I imagine there must be plugins out there for that too. Let's see...

Office 365 has a way to add icons built right into it: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...e-dab15b78cf08

If you use Mailchimp, they have a way for users to "like" campaigns you run: Add a Like Button to a Link in a Campaign | MailChimp.com: KB Article

I think it will really depend on the platform that you're using for your site and emails.

Hope some of that helps!
    you always give excellent and very thorough replies. Thankyou.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think a pop up window can work wonders, if you're really creative

Like create a really unique post and feature it in the pop up window

Or feature the most like/shared post
  17. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

A solution is used on some e-commerce website and uses mouse tracking technology to analyse user behavior a proposes a discount or anything else when the mouse mouvement is similar to someone closing the tab. Very good technique, but totally useless for facebook.

If you provide good content you could use some share or like to download strategy.

Regarding the pop-up boxes on page load saying "follow me" or "like us on facebook" I hate them, and adding an extra step to access you content. I wouldn't recommend them.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I think there is a danger of getting on high horses here and trying to defend the model high ground.

I don't see anything wrong with a pop up that asks you to like a site if it looks like you are about to leave or a pop up that appears after 120 seconds that does the same. I mean, you've been here for two minutes so you like it right?

If you don't ask you don't get and I am guilty of forgetting to 'like' pages that I like.

We may not like pushy salesmen, it doesn't mean that they are not effective. I personally hate TV adverts for sugar and starch tablets that claim you can eat anything and you'll be as healthy as a spring chicken ... but they work!

But, and it is a big but, this has to dovetail into something. Social media users are getting increasingly smart. A FB profile with 10,000 likes and 10 people talking about this tells you all you need to know.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : That's true - I think I was definitely on my high horse when I wrote my post, haha. Sometimes you gotta be a little pushy!
  21. No Profile Picture

Popup windows can work if it is planned strategically otherwise it can increase the bounce rate of the website. Hence, research well before implementing the same.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Good summary!