Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Business success from social marketing

When we started our business we used Twitter to chat to old colleagues and generally chat about our new venture.

We didn't really expect social networking sites to generate much business, but some of our larger contracts have come from Twitter. A good example is a client posted an update saying they are looking for a quick logo design, we replied straight away and that quick logo design turned into an ecommerce website, iPad app development and we're now developing a CRM system too.

I'm wondering if anyone else have had similar experiences with social networking sites?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

When you use social media in the way its intended you'll find it useful in a variety of ways. When you abuse or try to use it as an 'seo tool' it's pretty much irrelevant.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Darrin Ward
    It's great to see social sites generating business.

So quick question... The person that posted looking for a logo design - were they already a client? How did you know them? What was the relationship pre-Twitter?

I have been very poor at getting on Twitter / Facebook and using it for business. I need to change that - but with only so many hours in the day it can be hard.
    We knew of them, but we'd never worked with them. It was simply a case of acting on a Twitter message quickly which in this case worked for us.
  7. Banned

Originally Posted by distinctseo
    When you use social media in the way its intended you'll find it useful in a variety of ways. When you abuse or try to use it as an 'seo tool' it's pretty much irrelevant.

Agree, It must be so natural. Social networking site are built to connect, share and have a profile. Don't just make something that can make your friends and all other people irritated.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've heard of stories of big business coming from social media but the problem is a lot of businesses also hear them, set up twitter/facebook/etc and then don't incorporate it as part of their daily lives. It's important to remember that it's an active marketing tool where you have to keep an eye open for opportunities like CreativeIntent did. If a company's social media just sits there passively, it's not going to do anything but add to the zillions of dead and abandoned accounts already out there.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cool Same issue here

Originally Posted by Darrin Ward
    It's great to see social sites generating business.

So quick question... The person that posted looking for a logo design - were they already a client? How did you know them? What was the relationship pre-Twitter?

I have been very poor at getting on Twitter / Facebook and using it for business. I need to change that - but with only so many hours in the day it can be hard.
    I feel you -- between my own site - forums - blog - tumblr - twitter - facebook - and actually working...it is more than a simple task, you have to fill each one with it's own unique content especially were tumblr and blog is concerned.
  13. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I have a share-bar on my site and that's how I use social media. hahaha I just provide a way for the social junkies to stay social.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  15. No Profile Picture

Yeah, social media is such a great help in business promotion that's many businesses have their own website and promote it via social media where you can target the right customer and through this you can get more website traffic.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

There are two ways to use a thing, Right way and the second is wrong way. If you use social media for your business promotion purpose and in a right way it definitely useful for you and if you use it in a wrong for spamming, fake material and bad manners, it is bad for you and for others also. Social Media is very useful for promotion of your business just use it in a right way.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yea, such 'share' options work like charm that I never believed earlier. But now I'm a fan of it.
    I surfed blogs and found one very wise post, and emailed to a friend of mine that I never did. Then I relaized that if I had not emailed him, he could never know the truth. these things work in such manner.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

As social media is playing a vital role in everyone's life, so at this time social media is also helpful to get business.
  23. No Profile Picture

I completely agree that recently social marketing is the one of the best way that any body can make their business very popular.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by creativeintent
    When we started our business we used Twitter to chat to old colleagues and generally chat about our new venture.

We didn't really expect social networking sites to generate much business, but some of our larger contracts have come from Twitter. A good example is a client posted an update saying they are looking for a quick logo design, we replied straight away and that quick logo design turned into an ecommerce website, iPad app development and we're now developing a CRM system too.

I'm wondering if anyone else have had similar experiences with social networking sites?
    I think depend the product that you will be promote. Based on my experience, micro blogging ( social media ) is the simple ways and cheap to share your product. You will get high impact if you have thousands of follower ( twitter ). I have experience about this.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

One more thing to note, web2.0 sites and download sites work great for both traffic and conversion.
    I prefer Hubpages, Squidoo and Wikihow for web2.0 submissions.
    And slideshare, scribed are two major download sites to provide not only traffic, but also good conversions.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I created a hub page!

I like hub pages!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: