Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I think one of the problems companies have with social media is that they think it will be 'easy' and they assume people care about their business as much as they do.

It isn't. They don't.

Using the mentioned Law firm. At $25 a click for adwords you can afford to spend a reasonably substantial amount on social media if it brings in even a few clients.
    You COULD have someone at the firm spend 1 hour every day (cost of 4-8 clicks) working up a short blog post on an interesting case currently in the news or of particular interest. Or a misunderstood law. Facebook and twitter can announce the new content when it is ready and throw up updates as things change. Show you are an expert.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

agreed, social media is far from easy. And for the most part, it seems impossible to track your ROI on social media efforts. But on the other hand, how much is a strong circle of influence worth? Brand awareness, customer engagement, and giving your company a "face" in a social world should definitely be given some serious consideration in your SEO efforts imo.

I have just in the last 3 months been given the go ahead to include social media into my seo efforts at work (been arguing with them for over a year to include it in my budget) and am slowly starting to see some results, but i feel that after a solid 9 months or a year, I will be able to see steady results and sales as part of my SM effort
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by distinctseo
    You do'nt use it in the same way. Why wouldn't you want to 'chit chat' with your customers in the same way using your Business profile page? That's worth its weight in gold. You can't buy that kind of brand participation in any other way.
    Your right I don't use it the same way, our customers had a forum to go to for business chit chat...no need for a facebook Business profile. But I will agree it's a good thing for businesses that need a place for that to use Facebook for it. I just never did.
    It's the scenario of teachin old dogs new tricks.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, I feel that most of us are clueless as we don't know how we can harness the power of social media to get traffic/sales. I find it tedious and boring work. What's your say?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: