1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

About building backlinks by using social networking website

Hello,

About building backlinks by using social networking website.
    I have a Twitter account. On this account I am followed by 100 people. If I submit a comment with my website backlink, every 100 people can see this comment and visit my website. My question is: does Google make an indexation for every 100 backlinks? Or Google index 2 or 3 backlinks and thatís it? Until how many backlinks Google can make an indexation?(any limitation of Google indexation?) Maybe there is a limitation for Google?
    If someone knows the answer, please share it with me.

Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by cristinachil25
    Hello,

About building backlinks by using social networking website.
    I have a Twitter account. On this account I am followed by 100 people. If I submit a comment with my website backlink, every 100 people can see this comment and visit my website. My question is: does Google make an indexation for every 100 backlinks? Or Google index 2 or 3 backlinks and thatís it? Until how many backlinks Google can make an indexation?(any limitation of Google indexation?) Maybe there is a limitation for Google?
    If someone knows the answer, please share it with me.

Thank you!
    Hello.
    Backlinks from Twitter (and most social media) all contain the "nofollow" attribute. This makes sure that Twitter won't get punished for linking to bad neighbourhoods (which would happen if they didn't no-follow all comments). That's why backlinks from Twitter won't be counted as backlinks to your site. In other words, they won't add to your PageRank.

However, this does not mean that linking to your website on Twitter is useless. Quite the contrary. By building out unique and valuable content, you make other people want to link to you. If you've read a great article somewhere and think that it's useful, you'll remember it and might even give other people the link to that website. That's the effect you are trying to achieve with your website.
    See Twitter as a tool to achieve this.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by BailHope
    Hello.
    Backlinks from Twitter (and most social media) all contain the "nofollow" attribute. This makes sure that Twitter won't get punished for linking to bad neighbourhoods (which would happen if they didn't no-follow all comments). That's why backlinks from Twitter won't be counted as backlinks to your site. In other words, they won't add to your PageRank.

However, this does not mean that linking to your website on Twitter is useless. Quite the contrary. By building out unique and valuable content, you make other people want to link to you. If you've read a great article somewhere and think that it's useful, you'll remember it and might even give other people the link to that website. That's the effect you are trying to achieve with your website.
    See Twitter as a tool to achieve this.
    This is the part I'm a little confused on. As I understand it, Facebook has nofollow attached to links, right? But when I check google webmaster and check linkbacks, the facebook links are there. Are they just shown but not counted or what?
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Nofollow means no vote, not 'not discovered'.

TO the first question, it makes no sense. You wouldn't get 100 links anyways. Use twitter for what it is, a way to engage with your target market.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Social media bookmarking sites can provide more traffic to you ...
    For these are primarily designed to (popularization and dissemination of information through social network )...
    What you need ...
    Build relationships (followers and those you follow)...
    Any new information is automatically available to all followers, potential users of your services ...
    If you have a good thing, the network is expanding pyramidal to undreamed proportions ...
  11. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Although Twitter links are nofollowed, any link that is posted on Twitter will be crawled by Google almost instantly, so it's a great way of getting content indexed in a hurry.. you can use it to cast out to Googlebot and draw it in.