Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Http://www.videojug.com

Hi,

If I could get a good output of recommendations for this website from seo experts that would be great.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I like the outlay of the website, and using the site seems easy enough... what i would say is there probably isnt enough text on the site to be seo friendly

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : the site is full of text
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

All of the videos have a text transcript associated with the content. What other text suggestions would you suggest in order to improve rankings?

R
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The Colored Boxes

This may be nitpicking, but it wasn't entirely clear to me that the colored boxes for each section were actually dropdown menus. I didn't realize I could find more info by hovering over them. But that's just my take...

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : that's how you know it's a drop down, you hover over them
    • elliott agrees : No I agree - a menu system should be user friendly enough on first glance to know it's a menu without having to rollover it - this isn't a regular drop down menu, it looks like a load of coloured boxes\buttons at first glance but not a menu
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Very cool site and concept! I like it.

If I were you, I'd really put a lot of effort into social media marketing. With so much to offer, and so many tastes to appeal to, I can see your site going viral, and along with that come the links. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this before which goes to show you you need social media. You should target each of your main groups.

And if you really want to have something to talk about, I'd also provide summary videos, at least for the topics that need them. For example, I just watched some Pilates videos. I will hate to have to sit through all the instruction just to do the exercises next time I visit and I don't want to have to read when it gets down to exercising, so it would be good to have mini videos just showing the exercises themselves. Perhaps this will work for other topics as well. If you do that, I can guarantee you will have people talking.

Make sure you do a lot of social bookmarking so others can find your videos in their favorite bookmarking sites as well. I'm bookmarking the Pilates exercises now.
    Last edited by Kathy Long; Aug 6th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here's an SEO suggestion:

See this page url:
    http://www.videojug.com/film/pilates-for-intermediates-band-workout-part-1

The title is similar.

I think you might be missing those searches on "Pilates training videos online, so perhaps instead of having "film" as a directory because I doubt many search on the word film, make the path:

http://www.videojug.com/online-training-videos/pilates-for-intermediates-band-workout-part-1
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i got a warning level for that really!?

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : very rightly so. if your continue to give out thoughtless advice the negative reps will continue to pile on. Anyway here is a little morale booster for you.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by reever2
    Hi,

If I could get a good output of recommendations for this website from seo experts that would be great.

Thanks
    Hi reever2,

The site looks fine for me. Just add a little quality content and it will be great. Add also some social media bookmarks or link to have greater social media exposure.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

overyall website is fine . Use FB like button & social book marking icons.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by OS SEO
    overyall website is fine . Use FB like button & social book marking icons.
    I would agree with this.. seems the only thing your missing.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by pabsunited666
    i got a warning level for that really!?
    Warning for the url? Yeah, it's long and too many dashes. Shorten it. Take out words that don't matter like "for" and "part." Do your keyword research to see if you need all of this: "online-training-videos" or if "online-videos" or "online training" or just "online" will work.

I should have mentioned, I don't think I'd do this for existing pages unless they are really off because then you have to deal with 301 redirects, but in the future, just be a little more conscious of your urls. You're probably using software that autogenerates those urls for you based on the title. That can be helpful, but I usually always find the need to improve what the software spits out.

Google says they will be turning down the dial on exact match urls, but I still see a lot value in them. However, as I mentioned initially, social media is where you should be putting your efforts and your dollars.

Still loving your site!
  23. Webmaster Social Network

I think if you add one more paragraph text on home page will definitely improve your SEO. Generaly I like the layout and structure.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For me the start page looks a bit overcrowded: too many columns, to many colours, too many elements.

The 2-column navigation is quite extravagant, but not really easy to use: too far down, and especially not clearly visible as a navigation. Maybe it would fit - a little smaller - in a row horizontally below the grey header?

You got the follow us/join us of twitter and facebook twice. Would it not be enough to have each once? I would delete the logos above the grey bottom bar.

SEO: you put all your submenu lines into h3-tags. this might be seen as spam. Better use simple ul-tags. So many headlines without text do not make sense.

Technics: a few html errors are to be corrected.
    Speed is rather slow. Minify css and html. Consider to use browser caching.

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : good points
  27. No Profile Picture

Good work! Nice concept! it looks very informative! I like the styles, colors and how it is orhinzed!!! I think there is nothing to change (graphics) ... and I don't know the functionality of the site! But anyway looks impressive!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How can you argue with 1.7 million inbound links and Google PR of 6. Keep up the good work.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo