Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What's the best SEO Rank checking software?

I'm looking for a software out there that checks the ranks of various keyword combinations for clients on the 3 major search engines Google, yahoo and bing.

I know there are tons of them out there. However, I can't determine which one would be the best.

Also, if there is something that is preferably freeware. Meaning you you can use it for mulitiple clients just for this feature alone. That would be preferable. Since I don't think its rocket science in terms of programming for this function alone. However, every company offering this feature seems to be trying to charge a hefty dollars.
  3. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i don't use any tools, since most of them are not accurate.. i do it manually.. besides you can set SEs preferences up to a hundred results.. then just press find to your browser for fast searching..
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ninjaking
    I'm looking for a software out there that checks the ranks of various keyword combinations for clients on the 3 major search engines Google, yahoo and bing.

I know there are tons of them out there. However, I can't determine which one would be the best.

Also, if there is something that is preferably freeware. Meaning you you can use it for mulitiple clients just for this feature alone. That would be preferable. Since I don't think its rocket science in terms of programming for this function alone. However, every company offering this feature seems to be trying to charge a hefty dollars.
    I prefer to do it manually.

Let me explain you, what I generally do.
    I am using Mozila and installed google global adons (that helps to figure out result from specific country). Display result preference is already set to 100 per page. This is the platform where I search to see the result. If the site is not in top hundred, don't need to go for the 2nd 100 result - just go back to your strategy, as you are lacking something.
  7. No Profile Picture

SEOBook Toolbar Rank Checker FTW.

Google it.
  9. Contributing User

Try WebCEO, you can do what you need in free version.
  11. No Profile Picture

SEObook Rank checker is little accurate(+/- 5 positions), I thinks its more accurate then any other free SERP checker.
  13. No Profile Picture

No one except real time search

By Google, Yahoo and Bing, copyright & Privacy rule no one is authorized for tracking real time data except it's own. We have thousand of website who tell us for real time SERP tracking but all are doing business. They use and show only catch data that may be 48+ hours old, not recent updates. If i am wrong, please provide me some example on this.

Enjoy Organic SEO
  15. Contributing User

Try to download and install Seoquake all-in-one SEO tool for free. It's easy and you get expected results what you want for your website.
  17. No Profile Picture

Web CEO is definatly the best one i've found so far.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you may try "SEO Centro", this is the tool I use to check my website ranking
  21. No Profile Picture

Try rank Tracker but you need to pay it. Its reliable.
  23. No Profile Picture

I use webceo. Worth every dollars that I pay for.
  25. No Profile Picture

Thanks for sharing.
  27. Contributing User

SEOquake is fine but IMO Manual checking is far better to keep you always think that you need to gain higher position than your competitors above... Oh and if you are the No.1 position...the tool would not give you a feeling of being at the top then the results pages..!
  29. No Profile Picture

How do these ranking tools rate now that Google's personalization is in place for all search results?

My experience is that rankings are different from user to user, from browser to browser (on the same PC), and from rank checking tool to ranking checking tool. So how do you know what is a representative of what the average user is seeing when they do a search in Google with and without personalization?

I can search in IE8 and get a result of #8 for a term that I have optimized my company's site for, while in Firefox 3.5 it shows a listing of 3. Then, the next day I get completely different numbers (or sometimes within even a few hours). Makes me think there is no way -- manual or via a tool -- that can be trusted.

Meanwhile, my boss is asking for me to come up with a system to measure rankings, but I'm struggling to come up with one that I can trust as accurate. Am I overlooking a good measuring tool/method? Please help...my boss wants an answer from me ASAP. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: