1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Audit Software. Is it worth it?

Hi,

I am in the process of developing a web based application for people who need SEO done, and who hire SEO firms, but they have no idea what their SEO firm is doing on a daily basis.

What this app does is, lets your make accounts for your SEO team, and lets them login and post their daily work, then scraps their page ranks, checks whether links are on topic or not, whether they got approved or not, and more.

The intention here is not to compete SEOMoz or Raventools, but I see they miss the reporting feature for team progress. Its easy to say we posted 200 blog links, but only a few of them would get approved, and SEO clients need to see what their teams do on a daily basis, because they may feel secure that way.

Please criticize, or advise I need your suggestions to know whether it would be a feasibly commercial software or not?

Thanks
    Khaqan

Comments on this post

• tstolber agrees : Nice idea
    Last edited by dzine; Dec 19th, 2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Thread MOVED to more appropriate section
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Thats a good idea. There are some people who are savy enough to understand various SEO techniques and who hire SEO companies, but do not have the time to vet or thoroughly analyze what their SEOs do. I work with one such client who out sources his link building. I recently did a check up on them to make sure they were doing their job - and they were. But thats not often the case, so some software such as yours would be a good idea.

I think your biggest challenge will be garnering enough interest to get it going - perhaps offering a free version that only covers the first few links, pages or first month of service.

Please keep us posted on your developments with this, I would be interested to hear more about it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks

We'll want to keep it free for a year, and add more features that are easy for people to understand, and probably try to indicate what bad/good links are for them, so that their teams can find this useful too.

I was also hoping we could get an API to find potential backlinks where their competitors have links, but they dont have backlinks, so as to suggest in a "google drop down suggestion tool" manner, helping people to build backlinks from such sources if they allow it.

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks

Thanks, I will keep you posted. I tried posting a lengthy response here but somehow the moderator ate it up

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : LOL it automatically ended up in the 'moderation queue'. Dunno why. Fixed now