1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Review Seo Engine

Hi
    Is any one using the Seo Engine ? seoenginedotcxx

Hi Please Note: This is not a promotional Email, I am not promoting the products, i am strictly interested in knowing about the products.(I am strictly in the hotel business)
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Why should we?
  5. No Profile Picture

SEO engine. I heard about search engine like Google, Bing , Yahoo.Etc. Can Please explain what SEO engine .
  7. No Profile Picture

Its a tool and i am only on a 30 day free trail and i was looking for someone that has full access to find out if there clams are real. Sorry if i bothered any one here.
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I took a look at it, as I was not familiar with it. In principle its a nice idea but.....

It can help you optimize to their algorithm, not any of the major search engines. Thats the fundamental flaw I find.

Some of the principles are similar, but they don't start with the same seed set.

Now, you can say the same about SEO Moz, and some people here give SEO Moz a lot of grief (still don't get that?) but here is the fundamental difference between SEO Moz and most of their competition - SEO Moz started with a seed set, much like Google did (as disclosed in one of their patents and widely accepted to be the case a.k.a trust rank), furthermore, they cross correlate their results with Google's until they get close correlation.

Is it completely perfect and infallible? No. buts its pretty darn good! I use Moz Rank for most of my link analysis and time and time again, when I pick a high value link out on Moz and get it - the results are good. That is no coincidence.

I would look at SEO Engine, almost as a training tool, to help your mind set understand how search engines work. Its basic principles seem to be good, but I don't think it helps you out on the major search engines as much as you would like.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks ts i am going to give some more thought to seo moz anything that's free is usually not any good that's why it free.
  13. Contributing User

The SEO Engine is a real Search Engine, SEOMoz is not. You are comparing apples and oranges

SEOMoz has been trying to copy SEO Engine for 4 years now. Expect a "Link Neighborhood" from SEOMoz soon as well, since SEO Engine just invented that. The huge difference between the 2 companies right now is that SEOEngine.com is run by a husband and wife team who are crazy smart, and SEOMoz is a blog that turned into a software tool site.

I have played with both over the years, and this is just my 2 cents: if you want something that works and are not afraid of science/engineering and math, then go with SEO Engine. Make sure you watch the video tutorials and do your homework. If you like "going with the crowd" (i.e. chasing the latest Google rumor) then go with SEOMoz. For my money, SEOEngine.com is more in the league of Blekko's offering (although Blekko actually copied SEO Engine as well!).

Good luck.

Originally Posted by tstolber
    I took a look at it, as I was not familiar with it. In principle its a nice idea but.....

It can help you optimize to their algorithm, not any of the major search engines. Thats the fundamental flaw I find.

Some of the principles are similar, but they don't start with the same seed set.

Now, you can say the same about SEO Moz, and some people here give SEO Moz a lot of grief (still don't get that?) but here is the fundamental difference between SEO Moz and most of their competition - SEO Moz started with a seed set, much like Google did (as disclosed in one of their patents and widely accepted to be the case a.k.a trust rank), furthermore, they cross correlate their results with Google's until they get close correlation.

Is it completely perfect and infallible? No. buts its pretty darn good! I use Moz Rank for most of my link analysis and time and time again, when I pick a high value link out on Moz and get it - the results are good. That is no coincidence.

I would look at SEO Engine, almost as a training tool, to help your mind set understand how search engines work. Its basic principles seem to be good, but I don't think it helps you out on the major search engines as much as you would like.
  15. No Profile Picture

Thanks Brandy there is something about the seo engine that keeps me coming back and it could be the math that i like, the numbers are right in front of you and not hidden behind chart after chart that makes you dig to find the simplest answer.Im going to look at Blekko also, thanks for the help.
  17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Brandy72 - you miss my point. I am not comparing them, they are not the same. SEO Engine is a search engine - but it has never delivered any traffic to any of the sites I control - therefore I don't care about ranking highly in it compared to Google which does generate a lot of traffic.
    SEO Moz is not a search engine, but gives metrics that closely correlate to some of the parameters that allow you to rank well in the major search engines, therefore I do care a lot about them.
  19. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I ran a home page on seo engine and here's the report I received:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Titled: [SEO Engine] Penalty Alert: Marijuana-Caregiver(dot)com
    You Have Penalties Waiting To Be Fixed!
    On 01/05/2013, the SEO Engine revealed critical penalties and errors that were affecting your Website's Home Page Ranking!

Here are some of the issues uncovered JUST FOR THE HOME PAGE:

• There are only 241 unique non-stopwords on this Webpage.
    • This Webpage is "keyword stuffed"
    • 100.0% of the External Outgoing Links may be considered "Paid Links" because they are NOT editorially given and are NOT nofollowed

The FREE Analysis you received before was FOR THE HOME PAGE ONLY. Did you know that if you had a Site Monitor™, our Search Engine would monitor your entire Website each month. It would notify you of your most critical issues and keep track of how your scores and penalties were progressing month-to-month.

See what a Site Monitor™ can do for you to identify and eliminate all of the issues preventing your Website from ranking high on Google!

Sincerely,
    seoengine™
    ----------------------------------------------------------

With that said it's wrong on all accounts, except maybe the non-stopwords.
    My first impression is this programs trash. I wouldn't use that tool or follow any of the advice it offers.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jan 13th, 2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: edited out the links