Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Where to find a good content writer

Where can I find a quality, reasonably priced content writer to help us with some regular blog posts?

Also, what is the typical rate range for a decent writer?
  3. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

There are plenty of sources out there like freelancer or people per hour. It all depends on the quality and type of content you're looking for. Personally I use a local copywriter who is super quality and a really price too.

You can pay anything from around 20 -100 per typical blog post depending on the quality etc required.

Give me a shout if you need any more help
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
  5. Rebel Without a Clue
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Copify.com has a wide range of freelancers, 10-15 per article depending on the quality of the author.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks. I have tried a few freelance sites, including freelancer.com and elance, both with pretty mixed results, though generally not very good. I have recently used textbroker.com, and find that the writers I used were decent, but not the most engaging for blog posts.

I hear that http://jobs.problogger.net/ is good, but there is a $50 job posting fee if you are looking for a blogger.
  9. No Profile Picture

Have you tried odesk.com? I know there are lots of freelancers there that offers article writing service but you have to choose a candidate very well. You can see their portfolio there if they really write good content.
    Last edited by snaxbox; Nov 9th, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
  11. Rebel Without a Clue

I've found a great writer on www.fiverr.com - 5$ for a 500 word article and well written too.
  13. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by YoFluffy
    I've found a great writer on www.fiverr.com - 5$ for a 500 word article and well written too.
    hmm this is ringing alarm bells a bit..

I don't see how you could get a well written unique article for $5.. certainly a $5 article wouldn't be up to the standard a site of any quality would accept.

Look for quality in links, not the overall number, id 100% rather get 5 really good links a month than 500 articles.

Id actually prefer to have 0 links a month than 500 articles if it was a site I cared about

I really don't like building links through article sites I think is what I'm trying to say.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  15. Rebel Without a Clue

Fiverr can be a dangerous place if tempted to go for the 40k backlinks for 5$ or 20 SEO articles for the same price, choose wisely and there are some hidden treasures. I've found a couple of USA stay at home mums wanting to get a bit of pin money through their love of writing. One has just written the most amazing poem for us for the princely sum of 5$ and we're putting it to video (she's also writing a customised story we're making a book out of for children on our Xmas Lapland holiday). I'll send you a link to the other lady I use, I did give her a detailed brief and we received well thought out, well written articles.

Hidden treasures are there if you're prepared to dig deep...
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nevermind, provided a link to a place hiring instead of providing writers
    Last edited by DanSEO; Nov 9th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I ended up finding a good writer on textbroker.com. Fiverr is not a site I would really ever consider. Personally, I don't think that you should expect a lot in the quality department for $5 for a 500 word article.
  21. Rebel Without a Clue

When it's ready I'll post up the link to the video with our 5$ poem and 5$ VoiceOver David and see if you change your mind... You have to dig deep but there are a few hidden treasures there.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Alright Yofluffy. Happy to have a look.
  25. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I've gotten some amazing things from fiverr. There are some incredible graphic designers on there. My guess is that they are doing the gigs to build up their portfolio and possibly to gain relationships for future business.

I'm not sure that I would go there for an article though. These days I'd be really careful about outsourcing articles unless I was willing to pay good money for them.

A cheap article is going to get you keywords but is not likely to be of decent quality.

I think the answer to your question depends on why you want to outsource articles:
    -Are you looking to put good quality on your site? Then you need to either write it yourself or outsource to someone who is an expert in your niche. Be prepared to pay very well for this. I have had people offer to pay me a couple of hundred dollars an article for me to write veterinary articles for them. (FYI, I declined because my time is better spent on my own projects.)

-Are you looking for articles to submit to article directories for backlinks? If so, stop. More and more, Google is devaluing these links. I have a theory that Google is using the information from the disavow tool in order to find the sites that exist just for SEO purposes. I think if a site has enough disavows then they'll manually check it out and either remove it from the index or simply remove all PR from the site.

-Are you looking for articles to submit as guest posts? There's a fine line between guest posting and article spam. I think a lot of what people currently call guest posting is glorified article spam. I think it can be done correctly - if you can get an article published on a quality, authoritative site that doesn't exist just for the purpose of publishing articles. To do that, you're in the same boat as #1 - hire someone authoritative in your niche.
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO UNNATURAL LINKS RECOVERY by Dr. Marie Haynes.
    Click here to sign up for my Google Penalty Newsletter.
    Traffic Drop Audits. and Unnatural links penalty recovery help.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good questions Marie. It is primarily to help us out with some additional posts on our blog, that we don't have time to get to because of other priorities. I agree that for this to be effective, the writer needs to be from your niche. I also agree that you should expect to pay a premium for this.

Not planning to do article directory type submissions. I would prefer to put the content on our site, or write an article for one of our business partner sites. For the latter, it could be a guest post on their blog, or a helpful article for their site users. In the cases where we provide them an article (not for a guest post on their blog), they may have done this only a few times or not at all before.
  29. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

LOL, David I just realized who you were.

It is primarily to help us out with some additional posts on our blog, that we don't have time to get to because of other priorities.
    If this is the case, you could approach other professionals in your niche and ask them if they would like to write a quality article on your site in exchange for a link.

The benefits to doing this are that you get an article that is written by a professional who knows your business.

There are some negatives though. The main negative is that you need to be strict with your quality control. If someone sends you an article that is poor quality and obviously just written so that they can get a link then you need to be able to say no to them. You need to make it clear that you will only accept really good articles (and perhaps let them know that you decline a good number of articles) and that in absolutely no circumstances can the article be published elsewhere on the web.

Btw...I've got three clients with expertise in your area who would be more than happy to write a good article for your site in return for a link.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: