1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Off-page SEO help required

Hi guys/gals.

I am finding it tricky to find a suitable partner to assist us with off-page optimisation for our soon to be launched mini-site development service.

I am looking for someone to spend 1 hour on each site that we develop to put in place a basic off-page SEO campaign that will mostly be made up of link building activities.

If there's anyone that can suggest anybody suitable or if they'd like to put themselves forward then please PM me.

I have 4 sites that need attention first-off and then if we are satisfied with the work that's done that person/company will then become our partner and handle all off-page SEO work for every future site we develop.

I have tried Elance but without much success. Most just respond with a blanket email and standard proposal for a fully-blown SEO campaign, which isn't what we want.

One concern I have is that perhaps I'm being a little unrealistic about anyone being able to do anything meaninful in 1 hour. If that's the case then what are your thoughts on how long a basic off-page SEO campaign should take.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

tuktuk
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by tuktukracer
    Hi guys/gals.

I am finding it tricky to find a suitable partner to assist us with off-page optimisation for our soon to be launched mini-site development service
    I have this strong impression that you are hoping for "SEO" for $300... I hope this is not the case.

I am looking for someone to spend 1 hour on each site that we develop to put in place a basic off-page SEO campaign that will mostly be made up of link building activities.
    Think again... my consultation fee for 1 hour is $100... what do you expect to accomplish in 1 hr? Definitely NOT any kind of a "campaign"

If there's anyone that can suggest anybody suitable or if they'd like to put themselves forward then please PM me.
    I can suggest a number of people I would recommend, however you will first need to provide me with a budget... I will not forward clients to SEO if they do not have the proper means and ability to afford it.

I have 4 sites that need attention first-off and then if we are satisfied with the work that's done that person/company will then become our partner and handle all off-page SEO work for every future site we develop.
    The best way to find an seo on seochat, if that is what your trying to do, is to goto the members page and sort by reputation to find the most reputed members on SeoChat. However reading between the lines you don't sound like you can afford a good SEO.

I have tried Elance but without much success. Most just respond with a blanket email and standard proposal for a fully-blown SEO campaign, which isn't what we want.
    Then you probably should look into doing it yourself... if you don't intend to pay for a "fully-blown seo campaign" I have the feeling you are asking a bit much for way too little. What is your monthly budget?

One concern I have is that perhaps I'm being a little unrealistic about anyone being able to do anything meaninful in 1 hour. If that's the case then what are your thoughts on how long a basic off-page SEO campaign should take.
    Unrealistic is very appropriate... 1 hour should be the start of initial analysis, however link building is an ongoing process.... very little can be achieved from only on hours work that will have lasting effects.

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick agrees : head nodding here -- too too too unrealistic a request with those specs....NO ONE can do anything in 1 hour....good gosh!!!!
    • fathom agrees
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  5. No Profile Picture
    No SEO in New SEO
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I recommend you pro_seo, new_seo, Europa, and lewisdb send PM to these members I am sure you get good quote from these members....

Oh I missed it for PM you need 10 posts PMs
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Jun 25th, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
    You do your business I do mine, because you are you and I am I, If we meet it is nice.
    Starting a SEO Company | Some SEO Tips
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The problem is "cost"... not your costs but the person that will do the work for you.

Quality links (off-page stuff) aren't cheap they are costly... they may cost $0 in cash but hours in research and more hours in copywriting that someone needs to pay for... and if this isn't you paying... then who?

On-page SEO is cheap but you don't tend to get much with it...

All of the guys prof.stan noted will do off-page SEO for your websites but for 4 websites that starts at $4000/month and up.

Comments on this post

• terriwells agrees
    Stupidity isn't another form of knowledge!
  9. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by 4_reyes
    hi i can help you with basic seo for your website
    you can Buy backlinks for your websites. or hire me to optimize your site on monthly basis full or part time

pm me if interested
    Before you start soliciting customers - post your vast knowledge here so that members can weigh your selling pitch against your knowledgeable word ... if you can't or don't wish to... DevShed offers banner ads for about $2500/month.

Please note: SEOChat is a learning environment - not your free advertising portal.
  11. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

For just 1-hour, hire anyone at all, even some bum off the street. It will not make a difference. I'm confident that in 1 hour, he could achieve the same results that you would get out of anyone else responding to that offer.
    There are many factors that change the amount of time/effort. How competitive is the market? How competent is the SEO? What's your budget? How much time do YOU have to provide content?
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

In 1863 at the Battle of Gettysburg, Confederate General Robert E. Lee ordered Major General William Pickett and others to run the Union Army off of Cemetery Ridge.

The attack would require Pickett's troops to cross a one-mile-wide open field, up a gradual grade and under heavy fire the entire way. To take the ridge heavy losses were guaranteed. Success was not.

To be successful they would need to cross the field faster than the Union Army could kill them, deplete the Union Army's ammunition or intimidate them into retreat. Pickett's officers told him that it was impossible, but under orders from Lee he insisted upon the attack across the open field in broad daylight.

They were wiped out.

It was one of the greatest wastes of brave young men in the history of our planet.

The moral of the story is... when planning an attack be sure that you have adequate resources for a successful attack and a plan of attack that matches the terrain and situation.

For SEO, it does not matter if you pick one hour or ten or one hundred. If you don't have a good plan and don't have the resources to put it in place and carry it through to victory then you squandered whatever you have spent.

Most commercial websites only make money for two people... the designer and the hosting company. The shortfall is in SEO. So websites without adequate SEO (or some other plan for converting traffic) are lost battles for clients.

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees : Good story, excellent example.
    • Visio agrees : Love civil war history!! Good points! (sorry no rep)
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    Before you start soliciting customers - post your vast knowledge here
    Problem is - I think the poster already had before making his first post.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees
  17. No Profile Picture
    No SEO in New SEO
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    Please note: SEOChat is a learning environment - not your free advertising portal.
    When I started posting on this forum I never intentionally post in this section that time I thought this is for well reputed and highly recommended members........

this section is called SEO Professionals some times it sounds like a freelancer sections so new bee some times confused and add posts........