Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Hi I'm new! I am wondering what I should charge for SEO???

Can anyone tell me??
  3. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

$19. That is the best possible amount to charge for SEO.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  5. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    My god Rand you are expensive.
    I have seen seo for $3
    I see why you wear those fancy suits now
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I will give you the best advice I ever got from a golf lesson: "Do whatever feels right."

<<Just be glad you didn't have to pay for that advice like I did.>>
  9. E-marketing
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

pricing are depends on results.

like google adworks doing pay less for less result

pay more for more results.

you should ask seo that how much traffic he can bring on your website.

if any seo offering you minimum 1000 backlinks(pr2, pr3, pr4)

then you can get minimum 2000 visitors per month on your website.

now it is upto you that how much you needs to pay for this results.

if you give $3 then you can get few backlinks without pr and if you give $18 that time also same results happend

your budget must be min. $500 to 2000 per year.
  11. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    Hi Primelibra.

I think you misread the question.
    I know you are indan and your second language is english so i thought i would just let you know.

They were asking how much they should charge their clients for seo.
  13. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

laurie,

Sorry for that, I couldn't resist. Your pricing should be based on 3 things - your cost (which is to say how much you could be earning with your time if it were put towards another endeavor), your specialization (in this case, SEO, which is a relatively focused field, but not one in which it is exceptionally difficult to find willing help), and the demand for your services (if you are new to the field, you must neccessarily charge less than those who have a reputation and can therefore charge more).

Best of luck!

Comments on this post

• gchaney agrees : Finally, cause I owe you for another post!
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by mick.sawyer
    Hi Primelibra.

I know you are indan and your second language is english so i thought i would just let you know.

If you're confident in your SEO skills see if you can get a % of the business you bring in a result of your work, in certain areas this can be much more lucrative than a straight fee, it's like having an exclusive affiliate agreement. Also the client may be happier to pay for performance rather than you plucking a figure from the air and not telling him exactly what he gets for his money, or having to do the 'I guarantee 5 top 10 positions on Google' Just go for I'll charge 10% of the profit, if it's real estate you may be onto a winner.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO VietNam
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

19$, what's mean? 19$/per month ?
  19. Wine Geek
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

No one understands jokes anymore.

You can charge whatever the market will bear. If you charge $25/hr you might find that you have more demand than supply -- raising it to $250/hr you might find you have more supply than demand. The trick is to fix that sweet-spot where profit is maximized for the amount of time you are willing to spend.

Learn to read the curves...

Cygnus
  21. E-marketing

Originally Posted by mick.sawyer
    Hi Primelibra.

my answer is useful for both seo and their clients.
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

well. what I've found by being here on this forum as well as some of the others is that the prices charged by SEO firms - white hats I'm talking about here - ranges all over the place. some say they charge a %, others a flat fee per month... from what I can tell, there is NO universally agreed number....for either method. i too was charging too little and have raised my own rates by 50% in the past 3 months...which made me lose 1 client - but I gained 4 more... don't know if the pricing had anything to do with that.... just what happened.

oh, I suppose you could locally, have a friend in an online company, call for quotes for their own SEO...and then compare what's rec'd by that friend...and base your own prices on that. this is somewhat 'shoddy' ethically, imho....but I've seen it done and I know it was done when I was one of the pool of quoters, ie I found out after....

choice really is up to you....

;)

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

25. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

In the end, you have to ask what is your time worth to you. Then double it...lol...ok..triple...

Kidding aside,

One attorney/accountant (she's both) charges 125.00 and hour. She's mine (cause she's cheap for both, single and cute...lol). Another charges $500.00 an hour and specializes in trademark and service marks (he! Mick can guess why...lol). If you're specialized and good, you can charge what you can get paid. End of story.

Best example I have, one couple has asked me since October to SEO their site. 3 times now. $15K is my minimum figure for me to drop my stuff and do yours and on top of that, I have to believe I can deliver the goods. This project is really frankly not that difficult, but expansive in the the range kw phrases to give the client the full range of market coverage. 6 months have passed, three times asked, they still don't have the rankings and they have been snookered twice going for cheap as I understood it from the wife and paying out the ying yang for pay per click. 6 months I would have finished foundation and back links for the job two months ago and just in time for the peak buying season for Real Estate. I'd be in "maintenance mode". Bad investment..by them as 2 deals closed pays for the service... Sometimes you no matter what you show, the dollars just scare people.

Relationships are two way and need to be win/win. You need to be compensated adequately for your time/expertise/ability (and charge accordingly) and the client needs to get what they paid for. If you can deliver and will bust your butt until you do, then you need to be compensated for you SEO Specialty. It is indeed a skill. The key is, knowing you can deliver on the project. I would never take on a project in my personal sites that I didn't believe I could get results, or wasn't really willing to make the time investment needed to make it succeed. It's precisely why I like niche sites. They're typically much simpler from an optimization to ranking conversion. I've reconsidered a few before ever getting to deep, thank god...lol..came to my senses.

So what do you charge? Again...what is your time worth to you Vs. what you are delivering. I think - without naming specific names - there are a few member of this forum who can rightly justify $500.00 bucks an hour for their specialized skills. Others, like me, can only hope to achieve half the skill and knowledge these big guns have so we can even get to the point of charging $125.00 an hour ;)
    Cheerios!

New to SEO? See the FAQ!

My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!
  27. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

One other thing I wanted to throw out there is that some SEO's can charge more - not because they have more SEO knowledge than another - but because they have more "resources". In other words, they have a large network of sites that they own, or a large network of sites that others own in which they have a relationship with them, that they can draw upon to set up backlinks and such. This same plus factor can also end up being a minus factor, if that network is ever slashed by Google in one fell swoop. Nevertheless, if you have the ability to obtain lots of good backlinks for a client, then you can use that as a way to up the price. Just please make sure that those resources are not going to end up biting your clients in the bootie in the future.

Comments on this post

• gchaney agrees : Definitely a huge cost savings/development advantage on back links! If all one way, not harm no foul!
    • EGOL agrees : Very good point! Controlled backlinks.
    • luxurysleep agrees : Yep, that can boost the price up.
  29. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

If you are good at SEO, your services are too valuable to sell. Anyone who buys from you has to be making an awful lot of money from your contribution to their biz - they are making a profit besides paying you. Work for yourself.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: