Thread: Google+ Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Google+ Pages

Does anyone use Google+ pages?

I can see a few applications for these and with the growth and wider acceptance of Google+ I can see them becoming as important as a face book profile page for a business or organization.

Thoughts?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I totally agree with you. Google + becomes the no.1 in near future.
  5. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by tstolber
    Does anyone use Google+ pages?

I can see a few applications for these and with the growth and wider acceptance of Google+ I can see them becoming as important as a face book profile page for a business or organization.

Thoughts?
    Promoting our twitter and facebook seems to be hard enough work so I'm not overly eager to start promoting something else.

I don't personally know of anyone using google+ so until such times as needs must, I will avoid using it.
  7. Super Moderator

I still wonder how long it will take FB to introduce something similar to circles (sharing content only with certain groups of people instead of all of your "friends").

And from that point, I wonder what the effect will be for G+
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    We have installed G+ clickable icons on all pages alongside our Twitter and Facebook icons. G+ activity as compared to Facebook is minimal but is comparable to adding followers on Twitter.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I have a Google plus profile and I set up rel author on my site (pointing back to my profile). 2 weeks ago, all of my listings in the SERPS appeared with my author picture next to it. This seems to be having a dramatic effect on my CTR.

With that being said, I did create a Google Plus page for my site, but I don't use it. I'm a bit confused on the difference between my personal Google Plus and my site's G+ page. But, I set it up because I think there will be a use for it in the future. Better to have it set up now and have some history there than not.
  13. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Dr. Marie, I think it wise and totally agree you should have a profile page because your site is about selling you as an individual professionally and your advice to your readers.

In our case, we service a major professional industry and all companies and investors. For us to put up a personal profile of any one person, I believe, would be unprofessional and counter productive. Opinions?
  15. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

That makes sense.

I'm wondering if you can use rel author connected to a Google Plus Business Page? If so, that would accomplish the same purpose. But I'm guessing that that won't work just yet.
  17. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    I'm wondering if you can use rel author connected to a Google Plus Business Page? If so, that would accomplish the same purpose. But I'm guessing that that won't work just yet.
    We will look into that. Maybe can be done and attract more eyeballs to our listiings.
  19. No Profile Picture

I have a Google plus profile and I set up rel author on my site (pointing back to my profile). 2 weeks ago, all of my listings in the SERPS appeared with my author picture next to it. This seems to be having a dramatic effect on my CTR.

With that being said, I did create a Google Plus page for my site, but I don't use it. I'm a bit confused on the difference between my personal Google Plus and my site's G+ page. But, I set it up because I think there will be a use for it in the future. Better to have it set up now and have some history there than not.
    I did the same thing as well. I think Google treats their own applications like their own children over the other social media sites like stepchildren. Sure they all have the opportunity to rank well, but I still think they favor theirs more.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Dr. Marie, I think it wise and totally agree you should have a profile page because your site is about selling you as an individual professionally and your advice to your readers.

In our case, we service a major professional industry and all companies and investors. For us to put up a personal profile of any one person, I believe, would be unprofessional and counter productive. Opinions?
    Google Plus offers the ability to do a fan page just like Facebooks fan page which you can put a business entity for.

Just link your articles back to the fan page for others to add to their circle.
  23. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Wow Marie that is a terrific advantage for you at the moment, really makes you stand out and look authoritative over all the other results in the SERPs! not surprised it greatly boosted your CTR.
  25. SEO Consultant

I watched a recent SEO Moz white board Friday on Google + and Rand showed the significance of Google +, how Google gives it preferential treatment and drops some quality and relevance. He highlighted how much you are missing out if you don't use it and said that Google has really forced marketers hands here.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tstolber
    I watched a recent SEO Moz white board Friday on Google + and Rand showed the significance of Google +, how Google gives it preferential treatment and drops some quality and relevance. He highlighted how much you are missing out if you don't use it and said that Google has really forced marketers hands here.
    Yeah Google pretty much always gives more credence to their apps: blogger, youtube, google+ (although Wordpress is the exception) so I always try to stay in tune with any new innovations they bring in. Doesn't really mater to them if the web is adopting it or not in usual cases from what ive seen.
  29. Contributing User

I can not figure out how to do this... I have a +1 account but do not grasp how to make my picture get there... Please explain.
    Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: