1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Good SEO for Combating Competitive space.

Need a fresh pair of eyes to assist our Internal SEO team develop SEO strategy to combat a few larger public companies that have entered our SEO arena.

(1) Understand what is driving ranks for these public companies, (How are they ranking with zero deep links to pages, in contrast to others who have 100's of quality deep links)
    (2) Develop strategies to re-obtain or obtain position 1 for competitive keywords.

PM me please if interested in taking on a New client that understands SEO and needs an adviser.
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Were you watching the ranks through the holidays? Did the new companies enter around the middle of November?
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I was curious about this - reply back
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Were you watching the ranks through the holidays? Did the new companies enter around the middle of November?

So yes I was watching them, and set about November this kicked in. 2 specific public companies shot up in the ranks extremely quickly. These companies were ranked page 3-4 for these keywords, then bam shot up to positions 1-5. Currently solid in those positions.

These keywords rankings were held by my site as well as a few competitors. Then these two public companies come out of no where.

Both public companies they are subpages, and linked from homepage and many other pages via top nav.

Public Company 1
    HP PR: 7
    Home Page Links: 600 internal, 60 external
    Many Multi-Language Sites all linked together.
    5 external links deep linked to page.

Public Company 2
    HP PR: 7
    Home Page Links : 300 internal, 20 external
    Many Multi-Language Sites all linked together.
    1 deep link to ranking page.

Analyzing linking structure and these public companies, it seems that internal juice is driving their ranks on these. The surprising factor is these companies having so many internal links per page.

What happened in November that could benefit a public company so greatly?
  9. Contributing User

I will also note that according to Ahref's they shed off a ton of links for one of the public companies in November as well. But i don't know if this is a coincidence, or if ahrefs numbers can really be trusted.