1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Experienced? Best way to track and report statistics to clients?

Does anyone have experience tracking and analysing statistics for multiple web sites?

I am looking for a tool that will allow me to map progress with the search engines and tell me what keywords are working best in my ppc campaing etc.

Please give some experiences with different tools.

thanks,

Alwaysthinking
  3. My SE ran out of Gas...
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

The best way for WebAnalytics is process your Log Files using any tool like Mach5Analyzer or similar and those details will tend to be more accurate than using awstats and similar. But if you have no plan of buying any softwares, awstats is okay to use.

The PPC campaigns are normally track using Querry Strings in the Urls and the conversion (Scenario) analysis will be easy to calculate...

In Mach5 you can track the visitors flow and bounces on each step and thus you can easily evaluate your landing page and the followed ones...

Also it provides the whole site visitor flows in a dynamic graphic and that is too helpful in my small experience...

If you are master in SQL then you can store your Logs into a DB and you can create customized reports as per the need...
    KICHUS - SEO KiD
    "Sooner or later, those who win are those who believe they can."
    • Virtue SEO - "a plan with the virtue of being practical"

SEO Consultant India
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Great response, thank you.

Do you use Mach5 FastStats to monitor multiple web sites?

My main goal is setting up reports that I can email to my clients wit graphs etc.

Is there any advantage with Mach5 over a free program as far as getting it set up to produce email-able reports?

Does anyone know of a good program that will let me put together graphical reports to send my clients to show progress in ranking and contact forms etc.?

Thanks,

Alwaysthinking
  7. My SE ran out of Gas...

Mach5 can produce as many sites Stats reports, but you need to download the Logs and process them to generate the reports...

Using Mach5 you can export the reports in .html format and that can be emailed to the client.. iT contains both the Graphs are chart wise descriptions...

Also you can analyze the visitor flow and scenario analysis for your PPC campaigns and you could track how much conversion on each stage...

You can get the Performing KWs from the stats reports too...

I hope Google Analytics wil be the best one, since it's free and gives good graphical and textual reports...

If you want to report the organic SERPs... the best tool will be digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Me?

Gosh...that's way to involved for me! I simply bought WP4, run the reports for each client Friday in the am, built a simple uploaded in VB that updates a general report and moves the WP4 reports to each clients website in a protected folder.

That way, the client logs into the site when they want, to look over the various reports available in WP4 - including nice new bar charts and % reports etc. etc. etc.

Works well for us...all 26 clients love the fact their reports are online, and of course, I run a 'behind the scene's script report that shows me when each client logs in to see their reports etc. etc.

Why'nt you look at setting up something like that?

In fact 2 years ago, we almost put the whole package together to make it available to SEO companies who'd buy in and bring their own clients into the same reporting programs...but hey, no time ya know?

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

11. My SE ran out of Gas...

Jim, I think he's asking for some tool for WebStats Analysis... as I could read... something really like Google Analytics...
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by kichus
    Jim, I think he's asking for some tool for WebStats Analysis... as I could read... something really like Google Analytics...
    Okay...missed the point I guess...we use Urchin as it's now free from our datacenter....

:-)

Jim

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo