1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Does this sound as "dumb" as I think?

Clicked an advert here to see what they're all about...went to the site, clicked on Testimonials....and found this sentence leading off the first of glowing paragraphs....

"My Colleagues and I have evaluated numerous search engine marketing companies. I saw without trepidation that XXXXXXXXXX is a "Best in Class" company. I challenged them to produce results with some difficult and obscure keyword terms."

Is it me? Or is this guy AND his BIG Fortune 10 firm that dumb in that you can get some pretty good serps for ANY 'difficult/obscure' keywords/phrases...

I mean come on, really?

Jim

PS the name was changed to XXXXXX to protect the dumb, eh!

Comments on this post

• sensei agrees : The "obscure" part is funny for me, sounds amateurish
    • distinctseo agrees : U should change the title to insert the guilty party. no point protecting the dumb.
    • mypctechs agrees
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by JVRudnick
    Clicked an advert here to see what they're all about...went to the site, clicked on Testimonials....and found this sentence leading off the first of glowing paragraphs....

"My Colleagues and I have evaluated numerous search engine marketing companies. I saw without trepidation that XXXXXXXXXX is a "Best in Class" company. I challenged them to produce results with some difficult and obscure keyword terms."

Is it me? Or is this guy AND his BIG Fortune 10 firm that dumb in that you can get some pretty good serps for ANY 'difficult/obscure' keywords/phrases...

I mean come on, really?

Jim

PS the name was changed to XXXXXX to protect the dumb, eh!
    He he.. For $495 I will get you ranking number one for "WECANRIPPOFFYOURMONEYIFYOUAREASTUPIDMORON"

I am an excellent SEOexpert.....

Comments on this post

• lewisdb agrees : I will PayPal you the money now!
    Live the moment
  5. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Not to hijack but - One of my clients forwarded an email to me the other day from an SEO company wanting me to defend the following comment:

"We see your Company does not rank in the top 10 for the keywords air conditioner, heater or furnace. We're here to help. Our clients rank in #1-3 positions for their keywords. Just search "trial lawyer Forsythe" or "divorce lawyer Lennox" and you will see proof of our abilities."

My client did not check to see that Fosythe and Lennox are in the street address for these two law firms. I guess the SEO Co hopes no one will look behind the curtain.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I always like to picture what their television ads would sound like......

I'LL RANK YOUR SITE #1 ON OVER 300 SEARCH ENGINES BY TOMORROW MORNING AT 10AM!!!!!
    YOU'LL SEE THE TRAFFIC COME FLOODING IN YOUR GATES AS YOU ENJOY A NICE RELAXING MARGARITA BY THE POOL.
    HELL, IF YOU CALL TODAY, I'LL EVEN THROW IN THE POOL.... AND THE BLENDER!

AND THE BEST PART IS, YOU GET THIS WONDERFUL DEAL ALL FOR A GREAT, LOW, LOW PRICE OF ONLY $19.95

BUT WAIT..... THERE'S MORE.....
    CALL TONIGHT BEFORE MIDNIGHT AND I'LL THROW IN ONE OF MY WORLD FAMOUS JUICERS FREE!!!

YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PASS THIS DEAL UP - ONLY 30 SPOTS LEFT FOR WORLDWIDE SEO PLACEMENT!

Comments on this post

• mypctechs agrees
    • himanshu160 agrees : lol
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Talking

You know what they say:

There's a sucker born every minute and a fool and his money are easily parted.

It sounds like the company in question has figured out a way to take advantage of that.

Comments on this post

• distinctseo agrees : ironically you're from the same city as searchtoppers.com