1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Anyone have experience with oDesk?

I just signed up with oDesk yesterday as a contractor. They explain how to use their site well, but it's a little like drinking from a firehose. So I'm looking for some general tips...and for some writing/editing freelancing tips in general.

You see, I really haven't done any freelancing work in more than eight years; that's how long I've worked for Developer Shed (and SEO Chat). Before that, the freelance work I did was FOR them, which led to my being hired...and I think some of you might be able to see where this is going...

Long story short, I was told in the middle of last month that, in a month's time, my services would no longer be required. My last day as an employee with Developer Shed (and SEO Chat) will be March 15th. Needless to say, I'm looking for work as a writer and/or editor, and I figured I'd post here because you all know my work. It doesn't have to be freelancing; indeed, I'm quite open to something that's full-time and permanent. I feel obligated to mention, however, that as much as I've written about SEO, and even gotten comments from readers telling me they've benefitted from following my advice (i.e. seen their traffic increase), I've never done it consciously; I just do my best to stay on topic and let the keywords fall where they may.

Mods, if this post comes across as too self-promotional, please feel free to delete. I'm not trying to break the forum rules here.
  3. What The Feck..
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Terry please send me your email id. My email is my seo chat username @gmail.com

btw odesk is not for you....its for $2 an article writer guy.

Try Find Work : Aquent
    Last edited by subzero27; Mar 8th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
  5. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Terri... This comes as a surprise to me and I am sure to others. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do and wherever the future takes you.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  7. Contributing User

Thank you SEO_AM! I don't expect to be totally gone from here, even after my last work day; I've enjoyed hanging out here and learning about SEO, and I hope to continue that as time permits. And subzero...check your e-mail. :-)
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Terri, shoot me your details via email (in sig) I'll keep your info on hand for any projects or needs coming up.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  11. Contributing User

Thank you Josh! And sent.