Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You market yourself and allow them to contact you. If you cant market yourself then how are you going to do so for the client.
    If your really good at your job I would doubt your hard to find if I was in the market for your skill set.

Ask Dr Marie above, I doubt she has ever emailed or phoned anyone spamming for work, she became the must go to person if you were hit by google. She is a very well respected expert in this field. Her prices also reflect that, I know I once asked her to look at a site I was struggling with and she was too busy to look. This is what happens when your good at what you do, people seek you out.

So if you have to resort to spamming then .... I dont think I need to explain.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : I believe that's a good explanation.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes I know Dr.Marie i have read many of her guest posts on Moz and other SEO blogs. However, not everyone is fortunate enough to have that kind of fame and recognition and some people have to resort to other ways to get clients. Our agency receives 20-30 incoming leads daily so we don't have to do any outbound sales, but the OP asked for advice and I gave him a method that could work for him.

I would say to you is don't look down on the little guys, we all have to eat and we all have bills to pay.
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Let's be clear - I hate both the game and the player !!!

In France we call this technique "de l'abattage de masse" (which in english means something like "mass mechanical animal slaugter"). I don't know about the way you work but generally, people using these techniques get paid for a sh**** job and run away leaving the client in a worse situation than before.

I have a simple question for you. Why do you need so much clients? Do you have an army of workers behind you?

Actually, if you do your work correctly then you will have a high client retention rate, which means that for some clients you will work every month, for some you will work every two or three month, for some you will have higher budgets for some smaller, but in the end once your clientelle is done you should be ok. I know in some case clients only want a one-shot optimisation, but if you do your job correctly you'll see that even them will be coming back.

I hate receiving emails from people saying : oho you're not first on "seo" on Google, hire me and it will happen. If the person was really capable of achieving such things for a professional service page he would do it for himself. They talk about traffic and competition but I'm pretty sure they never thought behind that, thought about keywords that refer to the customer buying process for example, and you know why? Because they don't pop out magically with high research stats on Google Adwords keyword research tool.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I hate receiving emails from people saying : oho you're not first on "seo" on Google, hire me and it will happen
    I get them all day long and I agree Pierre. If your good they will come to you.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It's called Referrals !

Geez.. the emails.. I hate them. The cold calls some are refreshingly comical at times... the rest I say send me a letter with your info in it... Not an email, then when they ask for the address, I say.. hmmm you found my number ,,, find my address.. they usually hang up then!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 10th, 2017 at 07:42 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

Exactly, most business are failing just because they see clients only as a new business. They forget that Clients are valuable assets of the business. If your clients are happy with working with you, they might get you some referrals.

Itís not about getting clients, it about how much value you could add that help them to solve their problems.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Concise
  13. No Profile Picture

it's a simple tactic called growth hacking - every major company in the world will have had marketers etc using these tactics
  15. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

it's a simple tactic called growth hacking - every major company in the world will have had marketers etc using these tactics
    There you go, a fancy name that is really spam. So we are calling it growth hacking now are we.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees
  17. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I, too, find growth hacking to be a largely meaningless term. Just sounds like something marketers tell other marketers (and prospective clients) to make it sound like they know what they're talking about. Like it''s just the trendiest way of saying "marketing makes money sometimes."

No offense...I just really don't like the term!

If I went to a speakeasy, I might knock on the door. A little slat would open, and the eyes of the beefiest, buffest marketer in the world would peer at me.

"What do you do for a living," he would growl at me through teeth yellowed and deteriorated by years of smoking and manly gritting.

I would have two babelicious babes under each arm (that's 2 under each arm for a total of 4 babes). But I'd take one arm away from them to lower my tortoiseshell glasses down my nose. I'd smirk at this beefy marketing bouncer man and say, "I'm a growth hacker."

His eyes would widen and he'd open the door.

"S-so sorry! Please, come in sir!"

My street cred would ooze off of me like a thick haze of cologne. Everyone would turn to look at me as I entered the club. Hell yeah, I'm a growth hacker.

Or maybe growth hacker = gardener? I should start asking people who call themselves growth hackers on Twitter to post more pictures of their gardens

Anyway yeah. I really don't like that term at all

Comments on this post

• whiterabbit agrees : You had me all invested in the story, what happens next after you get in with the babalicous babes..... lol
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi abhayhendre,

1. Targeting Laser Eye Surgeons
    Given the infrequency of purchasing SEO services, this may be too small a segment to target. Can you can broaden your target to include a wider range of medical services?

How well does your own site rank for search queries that include the words:

SEO
    surgeons, doctors, medical, clinics, practices, etc
    your location words

2. Build Your Own Referral Network
    I found long ago that many web developers did not want to involve themselves in the SEO component of planning site design, structure and developing a content plan.

I built myself a small network of web designers who would call on me to help them with their clients who wanted online marketing and SEO services from the get-go. That meant I helped the developer create an online marketing plan and design brief for his/her client. This saved the designers a lot of time and enabled them to offer add-on services.

It meant I could focus on marketing coms to the small number of specifiers (web developers) vs the millions of potential end business users.

The network of developers were the ones culling out the type kickers. I could concentrate on educating them about SE changes to enhance my experience perception and feeding them examples of relevance that they could feed to their clients.
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by friscowebsoft
    Hi All

I am using
    cold calling and email marketing or sometimes odex work. But cold calling is the greatest method to get a client.
    Cold calling is old school phone spamming
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: