Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Smile Three Secrets to making a LOT more money!

I have not started a new thread in almost six months but I see lots of new members starting threads on the same few subjects over and over again.

So, I thought that I would share a three secrets to making a lot more money.

1) Forget about Alexa numbers - they will not make you any money.

2) Forget about PR - it doesn't mean much.

3) Concentrate on building highly linkable content.

OK... if you knew this stuff already and are reaching for the negative rep button... Take a look at the title tag of this thread - it got you in here, huh? I have three title tag tips for you....

A) Use words like Secrets or Free or Wow! in your title tag... they attract traffic like bugs to a Georgia porchlight.

B) Don't be afraid to use one word in CAPs in your title tag.

C) If you can't beat the publisher's site to the #1 position but sell at a discount price... put that great price in the title tag and you will get ALL of their sales.

Comments on this post

• RockWilder agrees : Short and nice !
    • tybi agrees
    • sensei agrees : Thanks, once again ( Sorry, I'm out of rep for you at this moment )
    • Jean-Luc agrees : Your number 3 is the secret !
    • Cataclysmic agrees : Perfect timing - I'm just about to add unique title tags throughout my site.
    • raz agrees : I only wish you would start more threads!
    • lovekills_s agrees : sorry out of rep, But this proves old still remains gold..kinda basic, but its really really valueable compilation of tips
    • pro_seo agrees : Such little changes, yet so BIG impact...thanks for the WOW thing :)
    • -mj- agrees : a) hmm OK, b) sounds good but c) I LOVE IT
    • DiffeeOnline agrees : WOW that was great FREE Advice!!!
    • fibby agrees : Excellent post, thank you !
    • vacman1959 agrees : Thanks for the tips on the title tag
    • Emerson agrees : Useful stuff. Thanks Egol!
    • distinctseo agrees : now i just gotta start selling products :P
    • Visio agrees : How did I miss this almost 2 years ago... absolutely great advice... even today!
    • seogoat agrees : thanks Egol you got a mention - http://www.seogoat.com/affiliate-millions
    • JVRudnick agrees : SPOT-ON Egol....as usual too!
    • daniel_toader agrees
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO&Designer&Coder
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Simple & short examples.
    I like that, cheers !
  5. SEO bull
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by EGOL
    I have not started a new thread in almost six months but I see lots of new members starting threads on the same few subjects over and over again.

OK... if you knew this stuff already and are reaching for the negative rep button... Take a look at the title tag of this thread - it got you in here, huh? I have three title tag tips for you....

A) Use words like Secrets or Free or Wow! in your title tag... they attract traffic like bugs to a Georgia porchlight.

C) If you can't beat the publisher's site to the #1 position but sell at a discount price... put that great price in the title tag and you will get ALL of their sales.
    Never thought about the word WOW in the title. I'm going to try it out . Thanks.

I also used smiley in the title tag... but never proved a sinificant raise in traffic.

What about the title like:
    Keyword Product - click here, please :-)
    ?
  7. Self-managed!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

1) I checked only one of my site's rank on Alexa ... once only.
    2) Did that more than 1 year ago and I'm glad I did it, now I have a few sites with low PR which rank pretty nice for rather extremely competitive keywords.
    3) This is a bit hard for some fields I have site for, but not impossible, so I try to do it as good as possible.

These 3 recommendations can be heard pretty often here at SEO Chat, but it's never too much, so I'm glad you stated them again.

A) Never tried with Secrets or Wow, but I tried with Free, got traffic but conversions were low, so I figured out it was because people searching for "free" stop want free stuff and they're not willing to pay to get that stuff.

B) Be sure I'll try this right away, I just realized I never did it.

C) Never tried this neither, I'll give it a try, it makes perfect sense in my opinion.

Hehe, EGOL, you should start threads more often man .
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by sensei

Hehe, EGOL, you should start threads more often man .
    Haha, agreed very good poster who posts in a very no nonsense style just gives you the facts straight, especially when mocking other posters I have noticed Keep up the good work and start more threads!
  11. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I am just confused.If it does not mean much, why is it become the heart of Google ranking software to determine important pages? Also,IMO it contradicts with your third advice to build highly linkable content. If that highly linkable content is important most likely it will have good PR because there are natural links citing to it. And that number of links as well as the quality determines the page rank.

Anyway, I agree that alexa numbers do not mean much because high traffic does not mean higher conversion rates. Although, higher traffic is proportional to the sales qty but if the conversion rate is none, you will get no sales.
  13. Self-managed!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Emerson
    I am just confused.If it does not mean much, why is it become the heart of Google ranking software to determine important pages? Also,IMO it contradicts with your third advice to build highly linkable content. If that highly linkable content is important most likely it will have good PR because there are natural links citing to it. And that number of links as well as the quality determines the page rank.
    Who says PR is the heart of Google's ranking algorithm?

It's correct that links = PR, but highly linkable content means quality, relevant backlinks which will result in good spots in the SERPs.

When EGOL said forget about PR, he said that you should not become addicted to getting a high PR value for your website by aquiring unrelevant links which will not help your SERPs.

PR is more about quantity than quality. You can get a high PR value assigned to a certain page by having links from totally unrelated sites carrying anchor texts other than your targetted keywords. That won't get you on page 1 of Google even if your PR will be very high.
  15. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    EGOL, as usual, you rock!

As far as PR... take a look at pages 2, 3, 4, etc. of the SERP results for any fairly competitive keyword you have. You will find that many in the deeper pages have high PR. Why?... It comes down to backlink relevance. The best way to get relevant backlinks is to offer content that is highly linkable.

Hey EGOL... I am going to try a couple of FREE and a WOW or two in a few titles. Maybe we all get a bit conservative and should loosen up.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  17. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

PR is passed by most pages in the Google index. The exceptions would be pages that Google has blocked the passage of PR and perhaps pages on sites that have no inbound links of their own from viable sites that also have links.

If you go out and get a lot of links from junk sites or sites that are outside of your theme they will not help you very much in terms of rankings. Two or three links from authority sites in your topic area will be worth more than a flood of links from junk and unrelated sites.

Lots of people spend most of their time trying to get links. Some spend almost zero time going after links because they have content that attracts links without any effort on their part. The key to that is to get some content and then get some links to it (some linkbuilding will be needed to get you started) but then once you have rankings and traffic you have a steady stream of eyeballs going through your site, some of which are webmasters and who will like your content and give you a link without asking. When you reach that point you become a highly effective competitor.

In my opinion, failure at linkbuildiing or poor results traces back to low quality content. If you have high quality content - some of the best on the web for your theme - you will get back "thank you" messages when you request unsolicited links from authoritative sites.

Comments on this post

• mv5869 agrees : I agree!
  19. Roll the dice.. and live

In my opinion, failure at linkbuildiing or poor results traces back to low quality content. If you have high quality content - some of the best on the web for your theme - you will get back "thank you" messages when you request unsolicited links from authoritative sites.
    Yep... The problem many face is that they think an article that took them 40 minutes to write is high quality content. The quick, short easy things rarely attract decent authority site links. Put effort into one or two killer link bait ideas even if they take months to devlop. Ask yourself how often do you link to an average article on someone elses site.

There have been some people giving some excellent tips on this board lately. newbiees look at a few of the forums not just the google optimization one....
    Live the moment
  21. Don't Panic!

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Yep... The problem many face is that they think an article that took them 40 minutes to write is high quality content. The quick, short easy things rarely attract decent authority site links. Put effort into one or two killer link bait ideas even if they take months to devlop. Ask yourself how often do you link to an average article on someone elses site.

There have been some people giving some excellent tips on this board lately. newbiees look at a few of the forums not just the google optimization one....
    Egol and Gazzahk right as usual - can we start a new forum for Writing Good Quality Content - stuff optimization - but how people skim read web pages, the best way to present layout and how to add elements so users can forward and share information. For those people who have great information or want to provide good content but want help presenting it well online.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Good point about layout there Doodle.... You are Right... I am starting to appreciate it more and more.
  23. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Yep... they post crap on their site and then whine that nobody wants to link to them - even if they offer a link in return.

I am in the middle of writing an article right now. I am really excited about it. I currently have over twenty hours in it, will probably take thirty. Plus, one of my employees is getting images ready and will probably have ten hours of her time in it - plus spent about $100 on props. So, a 40 hour article that will have 2000 words across three pages.

Out of that 40 hours, about 20 minutes went into the SEO, then we will email a dozen good sites to tell them about it. One hour of linkbuilding.

Comments on this post

• NuArtisan agrees
  25. Contributing User

Thanks i will try those words for my website to see how is the reaction ;)
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

So simple but yet so effective. Your a star in the making Egol
  29. Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by Glenn Kilpatric
    So simple but yet so effective. Your a star in the making Egol
    lol...Star "In the making"???

EGOL has given birth to numerous stars in the search industry.

He can rightly be said as the Guiding Star

Comments on this post

• seomonkeymanocp agrees : Agreed! I have been meaning to buy a wedding ring but never got round to it! haha

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: