1. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Thank you America….

I just got back from 10 days riding a Harley Davidon Street Glide with a group of mates in the US. We started in Las Vegas and went down to the Grand Canyon and then death valley then back to Vegas (and lots of other places in between). The trip was spectacularly beautiful and awesome fun… I can advice anyone who enjoys riding motor bikes to consider doing a trip around there. My highlight was riding through Death Valley (I got up to 113 mph on one bit of road there)

I just wanted to say thanks to all the wonderfully friendly people we meet in the USA. Everyone was really lovely and super friendly to us. I really enjoyed my trip and am very warmed by the wonderful way people treated us. Thank you America and Americans for such a great holiday….

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : You met the nice Americans because we send the ugly Americans to Europe. :)
    • DarrenHaye agrees : Sounds like a brilliant trip.
    • EGOL agrees : "I got up to 113 mph on one bit of road there" ... lol... you are lucky you didn't go home with dirt in your loins :P
    • Test-ok agrees : They can't give ya a ticket if they can't catch ya...expecially if there's a bunch of ya. :)
    • Faith agrees : Glad you had a nice trip, you should visit NY some time :)
    Last edited by gazzahk; Nov 14th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
    Live the moment
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Gaz... I have traveled throughout the world, but still am amazed about my own country America whenever we take a road trip. Wonderful places to visit and an even better place to live.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : SEO_AM and I are going to HK with our red wheels... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rickshaw.jpg
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. SEO Since 97

Glad you had a good time. Did you get the chance to hit the Valley of Fire 20 miles north of Vegas? or the lake road?

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Gazz... Did you see any old hippies in AZ? Might have been Test-ok
  7. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I've been fortunate enough to visit the US twice - both times to Florida.

Yes, it was for Disney World and Universal Studios - I'm not going to lie! The people are indeed hospitable and friendly - why wouldn't they be, they live in such a beautiful country.

It's always fascinated me that people criticise Americans for never leaving their country. Why would they - if they want snow and skiing they can go to Colorado, if they want the desert, they've got Nevada and Arizona, if they want hot beaches they've got Florida and California, if they want a city break, they've got New York.

Plus, the best golf courses in the world are located all over the States, which is reason enough for me!
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  9. Roll the dice.. and live

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Glad you had a good time. Did you get the chance to hit the Valley of Fire 20 miles north of Vegas? or the lake road?
    yep.. very spectacular..

EGOL agrees: "I got up to 113 mph on one bit of road there" ... lol... you are lucky you didn't go home with dirt in your loins
    Ha ha... I had to test out how fast it would go... Sort of run out of straight road when I got to 113 so had to slow down... I think it would have gone faster... Mostly we stuck to the speed limit...
  11. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Ha ha... I had to test out how fast it would go... Sort of run out of straight road when I got to 113 so had to slow down...
    straight road??..lol..gazz, ya know those thingies you put your hands on? they make the bike turn.

and it would have gone a lot faster..it was a 110 ci right, I'll bet you wanted to take it home with ya....didn't ya?
  13. Roll the dice.. and live

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    straight road??..lol..gazz, ya know those thingies you put your hands on? they make the bike turn.

and it would have gone a lot faster..it was a 110 ci right, I'll bet you wanted to take it home with ya....didn't ya?
    To chicken actually to go that fast on anything not very straight........

Ceratinly do not want a bike that big in Hong Kong. But great on those US roads...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo