1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

special relationships with the search engines

Can SEO companies really have special relationships with the search engines like some of them claim?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

They may have had private contact with search engineers. In rare cases, some companies do get into business development talks with SEs and/or implement such partnerships. I worked for one such company and have emailed once or twice with Matt Cutts.

Whether those relationships can be used for SEO benefit depends. If it's to draw attention to a penalty unjustly given, then yes, that's possible. But getting ranking boosts that wouldn't happen otherwise aren't possible.
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by mikestang746
    Can SEO companies really have special relationships with the search engines like some of them claim?
    I would imagine it's possible, but very unlikely. But as the above member said, it has/can be done - but if so, I would imagine it never leaves those office meetings
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.