1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Is Social Bookmarking effective in terms of Off-Page SEO?

I need to understand about the social bookmarking. Does google consider backlinks coming from these websites.

Do any know about what are best social bookmarking websites to get baclinks from ?

Also I have created account with Tumblr however I am not getting views. Do I have to do something to show my post to the Tumblr viewers or any post in Tumblr is publicly available.
  3. Contributing User

One thing I know about social bookmarking is that some tools showing your website's rank can notice the backlink from social bookmarking website - at least I know Ahrefs notices them, and so should Google. I don't have "the best" social bookmarking websites, but a simple Google search will surely help you out ("top do follow social bookmarking websites"). There are numerous places listing hundreds of decent websites.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks so much damian85
    for taking your time to reply. I am not clear with you. Will dofollow S.B helps in ranking.
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Forsal
    I need to understand about the social bookmarking. Does google consider backlinks coming from these websites.
    There was an interesting discussion about this late last year: Do backlinks from Social Networks affect page rank?

Also I have created account with Tumblr however I am not getting views. Do I have to do something to show my post to the Tumblr viewers or any post in Tumblr is publicly available.
    Try using some different tags. Take a look at the kinds of tags other people are using, look at tags used in your niche. Popular, naturally used tags might help.

Tumblr attracts a certain audience - it could be the content, too.
  9. Contributing User

Thanks so much damian85
    for taking your time to reply. I am not clear with you. Will dofollow S.B helps in ranking.
    lol, glad I could help, Forsal! Just to answer to you as clear as possible, yes, dofollow social bookmarking can and will help you rank higher.