1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO for widgets in multiple cities

Our staff is building a new site and we want to have a separate page for oursite.com/new-york-widgets.
    and then another for oursite.com/houston-widgets.
    etc... we have multiple widgets that we want to sell everywhere just like the rest of the internet. What do we do to keep from spamming here. We plan to use page title: Cheap New York Widgets shipped free. Keyword list will be short. New York Widgets, Cheap New York Widgets. H1 Title: E-Z order New York Widgets. Page text content to be unique but only a few sentences. Same widgets on page as Houston and Houston would have similar title, keywords, H1 and again brief but unique page text, with same widgets. Is this spamming and if so is there anyway to do this without spamming? We will only add a few cities per week as we get content written.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

This should work if you write every page completely unique. No templates, no cookie cutters, no shortcuts.

Every page entirely different language from every other page.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture

Timing is everything?

So you feel as long as the written content is unique we are safe? Do you have an expert opinion on how much text should be on the page as we wish to keep it short and sweet, don't want to look like a book with too much text, only enough to to work well.
    Any suggestions on where to find more info or existing threads about this same or very similar questions?

Thanks a million any news about this is hot news
  7. No Profile Picture

Every Single Page?

Originally Posted by EGOL
    This should work if you write every page completely unique. No templates, no cookie cutters, no shortcuts.

Every page entirely different language from every other page.
    Thanks for the quick reply any other tips on same subject as we plan on starting with local cities in the 50,000 population and up, then continue from there. How much text is needed, the more the better or could we get by on 50 - 60 words per page.
  9. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Last June we started a blog that gets 4 to 10 short posts of about 30-50 words every day. Each is on a separate page. Almost all of these posts have remained in the index and pull traffic.

These posts are all in a database and we have a program that goes into the database and grabs the titles of ten related posts and appends those in a nice list immediately below the blog post (these titles click to the page with the post). This increases the unique content on that page - especially now that we have a few thousand posts for this list to draw from. This effectively gives us another 40-80 words that is unlikely to be found even on other pages of the same site.

The more important your site the easier it is to get away with trivial content pages. The site above is a PR7 with a lot of links. The blog is a PR6 with 6000 links. We just started a brand new blog with short posts on a new domain and I am not expecting the same success until it accumulates a lot of links.
  11. No Profile Picture

Blogger vs. Sales Site

I somewhat understand your description about the blog, but how could I use this information to build unique content in a site with products? We have a space of course near the top of page for content, any ideas how to use similar technique you described outside of the blog world and not overcrowd a page with copy.

Example we have the following copy: Cheap widgets, delivered to your doorstep in less than 5 days. Serving all the New York city area for over 10 Centuries with quality superduper widgets, for the discriminating widget-teer. Order now and receive 10 for the price of 1. Here's what you get: 1 year no questions asked exchange policy, 11 widgets, one for every month except March and a full support team available 24 - 7 for New York customer to teach you how to start your totally re-designed widget.

How would you suggest calling additional content with teaser info that allows a page designed to sale product to call from a data base content that could be a more lengthy copy without overwhelming my sales page.

Also look in FAQ's and did not see how to send a private email, any help?
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

You can send private emails when you have made ten posts.

I don't consult by private message and don't look at individual sites.

I've given a reply for what I do on a blog but you could do that on a retail site by giving a list of related products. This is a content question specific to the marketing on your site. The solution is more writing or ingenuity.
  15. No Profile Picture

SEO No Consulting needed, I need real help!

Do you have a company or any suggestions where I could hire someone to assist me in implementing such a system as we are in the middle of development and the market we are in is competitive as far a quantity of sites, but most are poor at best when it comes to optimization. They seemingly rank well due to age and alt tags as most have no "real content" only pictures of products for sale etc... and some have a great deal of incoming links. I don't mind copy writing for this project or hiring one, but the ability to call from multiple relative articles would surely be one of a kind in this particular field. Thanks for all your comments.
  17. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

I can't name a company because these programs were written in house and work only on our own sites. If you are using a content management system such as wordpress there are several free plugins that do this work.

If your site is in a database any good programmer should be able to read the database and write server-side includes that will plug into your pages if you have a static site or make php or some other calls if you have a dynamic site. If no database then you could get your site crawled or simply have a program mine your site map for the data.
  19. No Profile Picture

Widgets page SEO

Thanks for all the help one more question to verify my interpretation.
    From my New York Widgets page I could have a small list of menu items linking to (topics) related to that particular page.
    On the linked to pages I would have unique copy to add additional weight to my content. Would it be best or cleaner to just link from specific keywords within the short copy on the original New York Widgets page and when clicked viewers would land on the page with lengthy content
    orrrr.. would it be better to menu driven.
    And last (for now) but not least would it be best for the copy to be on the same site or at another url?

Jimmy
  21. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

I don't know enough about your site or your goals to answer it. I would test both and see which performs.