Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Use the plugin for the title element. You don't really need to use the meta stuff.

As for micro-sites - it's setting up a network of sites on each topic you cover on your site, pointing spam links at them, and pointing them back to your main site. It's a spam thing and nothing more.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    Use the plugin for the title element. You don't really need to use the meta stuff.

As for micro-sites - it's setting up a network of sites on each topic you cover on your site, pointing spam links at them, and pointing them back to your main site. It's a spam thing and nothing more.
    I'm confused. My title is showing up perfectly fine just using WordPress. I left the tagline blank, so not sure if that is bad SEO but I'm not a fan of taglines on blogs.

Should I use the plugin to add the description?

So micro-sites - If my blog was about blackjack, would I create new domains to link various blackjack topics like card counting, etc to have fake backlinks?
  5. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Cam, it sounds like you need to learn some SEO basics first. Read this article and you'll learn a lot:

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    Cam, it sounds like you need to learn some SEO basics first. Read this article and you'll learn a lot:

http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo
    Marie, I've read 2 books like that already. Sorry if my greeness is showing through. I'm really just asking some basic questions...
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Not sure what you mean. Show us and we might be able to help more.
  11. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

What Wordpress calls your title and tagline are not really the same as what we are talking about. You'll want to get an SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO or All in One SEO and you will see places to input your title for each page. The title is what appears in the html as <title> and it is probably the most important on page element for SEO.

Regarding mini-sites...don't go there. There are people that can potentially make it work for SEO but for most it is a waste of time. If you create a site and then link to your main site, that link is really not worth anything because no one is linking to the original site.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    What Wordpress calls your title and tagline are not really the same as what we are talking about. You'll want to get an SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO or All in One SEO and you will see places to input your title for each page. The title is what appears in the html as <title> and it is probably the most important on page element for SEO.

Regarding mini-sites...don't go there. There are people that can potentially make it work for SEO but for most it is a waste of time. If you create a site and then link to your main site, that link is really not worth anything because no one is linking to the original site.
    I'm about to install All in One so I guess the point is kind of moot right now but right now before the plugin installation WordPress is displaying my title tag <title></title> exactly the way I want it to.
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: