1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Salary of SEO in India

Dear Members,

What is the average salary of SEO in India? Donít answer itís depends upon your expertise, domain and business!!!
    I am asking Industry average SalaryÖ As per my knowledge itís Total Years of Experience + ~1 lakh rupees.
    If you can please share your/your friends approximate SEO salary.
    Note: Donít share any reference links or other country salaries. Share Salary only in Rupees.
    Designation: Related to SEO with Total Years of Experience (Only India)

Regards,
    :-)
    Last edited by sathyashankara; Sep 11th, 2015 at 02:15 AM.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The better question is "what is the average experience level of East Indian SEO Practitioners?," since salaries in all industries and professions are commensurate with your experience.

corresponding in size or degree; in proportion.
    "salary will be commensurate with experience"
    synonyms: equivalent, equal, corresponding, correspondent, comparable, proportionate, proportional
    Most (not all) East Indian SEO Practitioners are self-taught without any oversight... They commonly use BLACKHAT tactics and claim these are ethical or whitehat merely out of ignorance.

So trying to cap what a BLACKHAT ignorant person is worth is commonly tied to how ignorant the payee is. If every, payee did TOP NOTCH DUE DILIGENCE there would be fewer SEO Practitioners.

Of course, this isn't limited to just India. The same occurs in all countries. When I hired my first EAST INDIAN he was doing SEO work for $100 as a one opt fee, and his experience merely supported that level... He now doesn't do SEO at all on his own, as SEO Customers demand results and the only way most SELF-CLAIMING SEOs can do that is the use UNNATURAL LINKS, suggesting they are not GENUINE SEO Practitioners.

So what makes an SEO EXPERIENCED? How many successful projects have you done, that are still successful?

If none, your question really can't be answered. Determine what others achieve requires more information about them. Even failed attempts are invaluable... as that is SEO WISDOM.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : d
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 11th, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
  5. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by sathyashankara
    Dear Members,

What is the average salary of SEO in India?
    The average pay for an online marketing pro with 10 years experience in India is Rs 441,580 per year which equals $6,666.11 in the US.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Sep 12th, 2015 at 02:33 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Dear Friends

Ahh I am shocked by seeing your answers. Every one estimating SEO salary in India as very cheap. I think you people are telling salary of Link building assistants or data entry operators!!! 10 Years experienced SEO guy salary in India is Rs 441,580 per year!!! My 3 years experienced friend getting more than that in India. An average 10 years experienced SEO guy gets minimum 8-20 lacks per year. Also normally companies offer total years of experience (+or -) 2 lacks of salary in average.

As per my Analysis this is the Average Salary of SEO in India

Note:Important to not note i am addressing SEO guys who have good in On Page, Off Page, Website Analysis, Keyword Research, Social Media, Basic Content writing, CMS management, Good communication skills, Good individual/Team player Good problem solving skills like able to figure out why ranking dropped and what needs to be done or How SEO can help client to boost ROI, Capable to handle Paid Search etc.

So this is not for Dumb people who themselves call as SEO and their job role is to Do Bulk Directory submission, Social bookmarking, Article submission in list of predefined websites(like 300 directory submission, 100 book marking..bla bla bla)

So 3 years experienced - 2.5-6 lakh rupees per year
    4 years experienced 3.5-6.5 lakh rupees per year
    5 years experienced 4.5-7 lakh rupees per year
    6 years experienced 5.5-8.5 lakh rupees per year
    7 years experienced 6.5-9 lakh rupees per year
    8 -10 years experienced 7.5-12 lakh rupees per year

I know people earning 20+ lacks per year with 10 years of experience too. It depends upon how frequently you change company and your ROI for company.
    Very Important: If your salary is less then range of above specified level take it as serious. You are underpaid!!! Do analysis why this happened? Make a plan to go in to the next level. You need to improve your skill set or change the company.

Let me know if any doubts. I will answer.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sathyashankara
    Dear Friends

Ahh I am shocked by seeing your answers. Every one estimating SEO salary in India as very cheap. I think you people are telling salary of Link building assistants or data entry operators!!! 10 Years experienced SEO guy salary in India is Rs 441,580 per year!!! My 3 years experienced friend getting more than that in India. An average 10 years experienced SEO guy gets minimum 8-20 lacks per year. Also normally companies offer total years of experience (+or -) 2 lacks of salary in average.

As per my Analysis this is the Average Salary of SEO in India

Note:Important to not note i am addressing SEO guys who have good in On Page, Off Page, Website Analysis, Keyword Research, Social Media, Basic Content writing, CMS management, Good communication skills, Good individual/Team player Good problem solving skills like able to figure out why ranking dropped and what needs to be done or How SEO can help client to boost ROI, Capable to handle Paid Search etc.

So this is not for Dumb people who themselves call as SEO and their job role is to Do Bulk Directory submission, Social bookmarking, Article submission in list of predefined websites(like 300 directory submission, 100 book marking..bla bla bla)

So 3 years experienced - 2.5-6 lakh rupees per year
    4 years experienced 3.5-6.5 lakh rupees per year
    5 years experienced 4.5-7 lakh rupees per year
    6 years experienced 5.5-8.5 lakh rupees per year
    7 years experienced 6.5-9 lakh rupees per year
    8 -10 years experienced 7.5-12 lakh rupees per year

I know people earning 20+ lacks per year with 10 years of experience too. It depends upon how frequently you change company and your ROI for company.
    Very Important: If your salary is less then range of above specified level take it as serious. You are underpaid!!! Do analysis why this happened? Make a plan to go in to the next level. You need to improve your skill set or change the company.

Let me know if any doubts. I will answer.
    Yeah i'm agree with you. I have 3 years experience and i'll got the almost 5.50 lakh per year.
  11. SEO Since 97

This is America not India, we don't play in rupees... closing this thread.

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees
    • fathom agrees : While we are open to all regions, I would agree post your lakh in an India-based forum would make more sense.
    • craigseo agrees : well said man