1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Removing negative pages from the first few pages of search results?

Hello, SEOchat! As my username implies, I know very little about SEO, so I came here for help and education.
    Anyway, a relative of mine was recently involved in some legal trouble and asked me what I knew about SEO. It seems that seaching for his name combined with the city he lives in or certain other keywords returns many results relating to his ongoing court case and the charges filed against him. Naturally, he doesn't want this to be the case.
    My question is: how would one go about lowering the search rankings of these negative results and replacing them with literally anything else? Can anyone point me in the right direction, or tell me what I need to read to learn how to do this?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

5. rod@missionop.com

Seek out blogs with dofollow links based on the username and use your relative's name + city and makes some creative comments on a post or two and make sure you the backlink goes to results below whatever you are attempting to devalue.

To drop it to the 4 or 5 pages in results might take 100-150 posted comments.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Create profile. Create micro sites, attack social media profiles.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by joshz
    Create profile. Create micro sites, attack social media profiles.
    ATTACK!

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : The spam-coats are coming!
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Test-ok: By "many results," I mean that in the first few pages of search results, most of them lead to information regarding the court case.

fathom: Thank you! I'll get started on this now. Do you have any suggestions on blogs I should be using? I've learned what a dofollow link is, but I do not yet know how to search specifically for blogs that use them based on usernames. Would something like the huffington post or gawker work?

joshz: By "attack social media profiles," do you mean I should create a number of social media profiles and attempt to get them all listed highly? Because otherwise, the problem is not social media websites, it's news outlets and legal/court type websites.
  13. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by apprentice00
    fathom: Thank you! I'll get started on this now. Do you have any suggestions on blogs I should be using? I've learned what a dofollow link is, but I do not yet know how to search specifically for blogs that use them based on usernames. Would something like the huffington post or gawker work?
    Start here and do a search Google Blog Search for topics related to something of interest (so this isn't a chore)4

You have to do your own research e.g. look at post comments and review the code on the username. If no rel="nofollow" in the link element you are good to go.
  15. Digital Marketing

It depends on how deep the doo-doo is your relative finds himself in. I'm Chris Hanson and we're doing a story on adults who prey on innocent children. You ain't moving that down with blog comments. DWI mugshots however are not a problem.

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! WHY DONT YOU HAVE A SEAT?
    • tyrussum agrees
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Apr 30th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.