1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ranking Well For Certain Keywords

I'm runny a humor site and mainly post funny videos, funny text messages, and what not. I am a beginner really with little experience. I run a Wordpress blog. I'm trying to rank well for funny videos, funny pranks, and funny text messages. I feel like I'm not doing anything right. I am really stressed out about it too Any help would be appreciated.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by JayCatz44
    I'm runny a humor site and mainly post funny videos, funny text messages, and what not. I am a beginner really with little experience. I run a Wordpress blog. I'm trying to rank well for funny videos, funny pranks, and funny text messages. I feel like I'm not doing anything right. I am really stressed out about it too Any help would be appreciated.
    Your a beginner trying to rank a blog for highly competitive phrases and it's stressing you out...Did I get that right?
    If I did...hire someone or get a different job, because that stress isn't going anywhere.
    If you want to learn your going to need to read, read, and read some more, ask questions and read some more. You have quite a mountain to climb.
    nomesayn
  5. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by JayCatz44
    Sounds like something you should be promoting socially, youtube, pinterest, twitter, facebook etc.

If people enjoy something, they share it.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : also very true, ya only need 1 to go viral...No?
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It's not going to happen. There are many very large companies who have a huge head start, plus real advertising $. You just aren't going to get past places like break.com, collegehumor, the icanhazcheezeburger empire, etc. Aside from the David v Goliath aspect, here are some SEO reasons.

1. It's a blog.
    2. All you're going to have is duplicate content and even if you happen to find it before the "big guys" do, they will still probably rank above you.
    3. TV networks have just discovered that you can get a bunch of free interns to comb the internet for funny/stupid stuff, add a snarky host and tada, a successful show for the college demographic is born! This means you're not just competing with online players, but folks like MTV and Comedy Central as well.
    4. It's a fad. You will have to continually stay on top of things going viral AS they are going viral. If you focus on just 1 "funny" thing like auto-correct texting errors or something, your site will fade as people get bored of that and move onto the next "hilarious" internet crazy.

Either find a more unique niche or work really, really hard on coming up with a new angle to the "funny stuff on the internet" website.