Thread: QR code vs SEO

    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    QR code vs SEO


    Guys, I have known that recently SEO experts are using QR codes to optimize their sites. I surprised how its possible after seeing how QR code looks. After goggling with QR code what I found is the picture below



    Can anyone please let me know what does this QR code means and how QR code helps in SEO?

    Thanks in Advance..
  2. #2
  3. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    269
    Originally Posted by jipolis7
    Guys, I have known that recently SEO experts are using QR codes to optimize their sites. I surprised how its possible after seeing how QR code looks. After goggling with QR code what I found is the picture below



    Can anyone please let me know what does this QR code means and how QR code helps in SEO?

    Thanks in Advance..
    scan it in with your phone and it will automatically take you to the address that the qr code is programmed to. Ie that one goes to genetec.

    I dont see how it can be used for seo but more for marketing purposes of the site. SEO isnt, and shouldnt be, the only way you market your website. QR codes didnt really take off but they are just another methods that can help gain direct and relevant traffic to your site.

    We use them in catalogues to take people to videos for certain products so they can see them in use. Takes all the hassle away for the customer
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

    Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
  4. #3
  5. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,718
    Rep Power
    1793
    I really hate those newfangled QR codes
  6. #4
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,587
    Rep Power
    1944
    Originally Posted by dzine
    I really hate those newfangled QR codes
    I'm going to SEO QR codes that take you to goatse.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  8. #5
  9. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,718
    Rep Power
    1793
  10. #6
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,095
    Rep Power
    1926
    Originally Posted by jipolis7



    Wow...it's hard looking at dzine up that close and personal.

    Comments on this post

    • DarrenHaye agrees : lool made me chuckle
  12. #7
  13. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,718
    Rep Power
    1793
    Grrr now I'm gonna have to scan that one. Where's my bleedin' phone?
  14. #8
  15. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,718
    Rep Power
    1793
    ..............

    That's not me. It's a random blonde, almost as good-looking as I am. But she's sold her face to websites selling stuff - whereas I have not.

    So there...

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees : LOL...it sure looks an awfull lot like you...sister maybe? :)
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by ChillDot
    scan it in with your phone and it will automatically take you to the address that the qr code is programmed to. Ie that one goes to genetec.

    I dont see how it can be used for seo but more for marketing purposes of the site. SEO isnt, and shouldnt be, the only way you market your website. QR codes didnt really take off but they are just another methods that can help gain direct and relevant traffic to your site.

    We use them in catalogues to take people to videos for certain products so they can see them in use. Takes all the hassle away for the customer
    My mobile phone can't read QR codes. So can you please suggest me any good but free QR code reader so that I could read each and every QR code?
    Last edited by jipolis7; Nov 14th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
  18. #10
  19. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    269
    Originally Posted by jipolis7
    My mobile phone can't read QR codes. So can you please suggest me any good but free QR code reader so that I could read each and every QR code?
    i think its neo reader i have on mine
  20. #11
  21. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,718
    Rep Power
    1793
    Ummm, @jipolis7, you'll probably need a proper smartphone for this: Android, iPhone, Windows...

    If you have one, then a free QR reader ("barcode scanner") is easy to find for each one of those operating systems.
  22. #12
  23. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,803
    Rep Power
    348
    Do you think google scans these themselves algorithmically and then counts it as a link?
  24. #13
  25. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    269
    Originally Posted by seomonkeymanocp
    Do you think google scans these themselves algorithmically and then counts it as a link?
    no, google doesn't look at images, it looks at the alt text etc provided with them.

    and most QR codes are printed anyway not on computers

Similar Threads

  1. Code to Text Ratio
    By tommr1 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
  2. Hiding large blocks of code
    By dez in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 25th, 2006, 07:26 AM
  3. Very annoying--yahoo ad code no "text/javascript" so always invalid
    By c0ldshadow in forum Web Design, Coding and Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 15th, 2005, 03:10 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 15th, 2005, 04:24 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo