Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

a plea to all seochatters

... Whilst doing my every morning round on SEO related forums, I nowadays get totally irritated because the posts I see are about 50-60% same in all places. It is "total suffer" to surf from here to SEW, then to searchguild, and Abakus etc and find loads of same (sometimes very nonsense) topics, even same messages by certain people.

I plea to all Seochatters NOT TO post same topics and questions all over the SEO related forums unless they haven't discored the reason for google algo being different on hl-parameter, or something similarly BIG.

with regards,
    -2k-
  3. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Talking

LMAO!!

What a wacky request...

I, for example, post on several forums, usually the same post, so I can check out the different answers I get. Here, I get lots of opinions and friendly suggestions, at WMW, for example, I get much deeper (and arrogant) replies, at Digitalpoint I get really funny and ingenious ones...
    you just can't stick to one single forum.
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
  5. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

There's something to be said for both arguments...

I'm happy to have found threadwatch.org , which seems to address just this weeding out problem (although every site selecting threads is expected to be at least slightly biased ;) )

But 2K, you can always choose to stay here and not check out all these other forums. As you said: any big news will show up here soon, no need to check elsewhere
  7. Professional SEO

Sorry you find it whacky, fryman...

My point is, the more same posts everewhere, the less enthusiastic I (and most likely many other advanced SEOs) feel like posting our findings and opinions. I'm most likely one of the oldest "still active" SeoChatters, but that might not be long since the amount of "crap" is increasing alarmly.

The reason I follow several boards is that, each place have their regulars who remain in one place, and make extremely good, indepth posts on very narrow topics (such as orion in SEW). Their posts might not be big news today (so they don't end up here), but they handle issues that are of major importance to every professional SEO and the future development of SE's.
  9. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g

Valid point.

If you see the same question four times, and you have a strong opinion on the subject, you might feel the urge to respond to all of them, if only you had the time. We even get that within the same forum mind you (and I bet in most other big forums too).

If someone knows how to make a threadwatch equivalent, collecting all the threads containing posts by one's favourite regulars, now that could be extremely valuable...
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by 2K
    The reason I follow several boards is that, each place have their regulars who remain in one place, and make extremely good, indepth posts on very narrow topics .
    Isnt that the point on posting on a couple of different forums? I find the answers here tend to be quick while some of the other forums give more in depth long answers, but as you have said there are different regulars in each forum and by posting to a couple of different forums you can get very different responses.

If you post something that has no easy answer to one forum (especially this one) you get a lot of "I agree" or other short posts. I think as long as you are active on those other forums and not "posting and running" it can be a positive thing.
  13. Professional SEO

Isnt that the point on posting on a couple of different forums?
    It's a possibility, but it should not be misused to totally silly posts like "added 4 new tools to our directory site" or "how does gbot handle https". These are issues that have no importance or they have solid answers (if people only bothered to use search feature).
    Making lots of double postings makes us regulars go away from public forums behind closed doors (like paid forums or email), because exchanging ideas about really relevant and good issues is becoming a real pain.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by 2K
    It's a possibility, but it should not be misused to totally silly posts like "added 4 new tools to our directory site" or "how does gbot handle https". These are issues that have no importance or they have solid answers (if people only bothered to use search feature). .
    That I agree with. I was referring to more in depth questions about theory that havent been posted before.

It is unfortunate that on this forum questions of substance are bumped so quickly by questions that may have been answered hours before.Personally that is why I sometimes "double" post on other forums. I had a theory a few months ago that got one three word response and then disappeared from the first page within an hour. I "double posted" that to another forum and the in depth answers it recieved and the conversation it sparked has helped my serps.

I post here less and less because of that type of thing...I still read every day though for now

If this forum added a section where it required a post count of over 100 or something like that, I think a lot of people would come back and it could become relevant again. Right now it is basically an FAQ forum.
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; Oct 15th, 2004 at 06:46 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Invite the regulars who give the best answers to post at SEOChat. Then we can have all of the best answers here. :razz:
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Solution

I got fed up with this aswell, it inspired me to create my own website.... <how do i turn my damn sig on LoL!>

Nick
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by EGOL
    Invite the regulars who give the best answers to post at SEOChat. Then we can have all of the best answers here. :razz:
    This is an excellent idea except that most of the great regulars at other forums are ex-SEOChat posters. There are still a lot of great posters here, yourself included but it has become near difficult to sort through the posts.

2K - In support of your correct statement that the Search function could answer the majority of questions (thus leading to in depth follow up questions which would be great),I have changed my signature. Hopefully the double money back guarantee helps
  23. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g

LOL - Jasontnyc. That's a great sig addition. Something for all the big boys/girls to follow.

Problem remains that some people just don't read what's right in front of them. Could be a language thing, but in some cases it's worse than that ;)
  25. unused title

It is unfortunate that on this forum questions of substance are bumped so quickly by questions that may have been answered hours before.
    im seeing more and more of this and am equally frustrated.. :-?

i made a suggestion last week but so far it seems no one even noticed it ... :-(

http://forums.seochat.com/t16728/s.html

or maybe the suggestion was just so way off to left field that i didnt get a response from anyone..
  27. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yeah... some good suggestions were made in this thread too

http://forums.seochat.com/t15485/s.html
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...
  29. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    I agree with almost every post on this thread.

I think where the difficulty is in the fact once you become a "regular" on a forum you will see a lot of repetition in threads and posts on that forum. This forces us to move to other forums looking for something "new". This only to find that the same small family is moving from one tree-house to another within the same forest.

Bottom-line: as long as our community is small with newbies asking for and learning our finite bit of knowledge you will find a lot of repetition throughout the SEO forums.

You can find totally new and fresh threads and posts if you start visiting some of the cooking and recipe forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: