Thread: Paid Links

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Paid Links

Hi all, I am wondering where people outsource links from, I know that Google hates paid links, but I am wondering where people actually purchase them from?

Are there any that in low volume would be acceptable??

Very new to SEO and working on my on-page SEO, just need some more info on link building strategies!

Thanks....
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: removed font styling..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Its true that google hates paid links. So why don't you build links for your website by your own. I am also building links for my website by my own.

As you are new to SEO and working on on-page SEO at this moment then I guess you should complete this part quickly and go for off-page SEO that is get some links.
  5. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by steph101
    Hi all, I am wondering where people outsource links from, I know that Google hates paid links, but I am wondering where people actually purchase them from?

Are there any that in low volume would be acceptable??

Very new to SEO and working on my on-page SEO, just need some more info on link building strategies!

Thanks.....
    Yep Google will punish you if you are found to be buying links to your site. However it all depends on what people class as to buying links.

Essentially every one of us buys links when we "link-build", whether it be for money, time or promotion to list some.

Not many people will just give you a link for no reason, one good method where this is an example is guest blogging.
    A person will take their time to write an article for said blog with the intentions of putting a link back to their site.

Generally a lot of link offers you see are from spammers who will post your links to hundreds of worthless sites, probably ruining your ranking, and then charge you for doing so.

Other times people have high pr pages and decide to utilise that and make a bit of profit by selling "ads" or links to your site. Google states that all ads should be NoFollowed so this shouldnt affect SEO, but that doesnt mean they all are.

If you want to find out more use this forum as much as you can, research things before you ask so you can show that you have done some work beforehand, that way you will get a lot better answers.

wow this post turned into an essay, enjoy!
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Give me one million dollars and I will buy you any link you want lol

Look, don't get stuck in a rut thinking you have to buy links to rank because that's not quite try (not in the traditional sense of buying links from places link buylinks.com and son (if they are even still about)).

Instead think out the box, you want links from relevant sites, so work on getting those with some quality link bait, or work on other ways to earn quality links, because paying for links from link sellers is not a good route to take IMO and takes a lot of skill to keep it covered up so other don't know!

I have done paid links in the past, but will no long do it, unless its for a quality link within some quality content such as a relevant link within a blog post etc in the same niche as mine, but this would not be an advertised paid link, but something that I have arranged with the blog owner (not 100% white hat I know, but its a form of advertising which I consider to be quite safe if done correctly).

If your looking at other ways to earn links rather then pay for them, have a look at this link which I believe Maria shared the other day in another thread http://pointblankseo.com/creative-link-building, its got some really good ideas for creative link building, so well worth a read rather then spending - and most likely wasting - your money on paid links!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

A quick clarification.

Google doesn't hate paid links. Google is perfectly happy for people to have paid links. It's called advertising.

What Google doesn't like is people buying links to manipulate the search results. (OK, we all know that is what you are alluding to)

But there is an important distinction for many businesses.
    Just ensure that any links you buy are nofollowed.

I would NEVER PAY for a link for ranking reasons regardless of whether Google liked it or not - if the link wouldn't bring me business through the link I'm not paying.

As ChiiliDot has said many links are not worth it anyway and so are a waste of money and many more are 'scam' links that are made to look good for a while then disappear (or become worthless).