Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

outsourcing SEO for help

I have been trialling the option of outsourcing but I haven't been very successful at all.

I am wondering if anyone has outsourced SEO tasks and whether they have had any success in doing so?

It is clear that 95% of "SEO experts" are snake oils salesmen and I wondered if anyone has disproven this theory?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by whitsey
    I have been trialling the option of outsourcing but I haven't been very successful at all.

I am wondering if anyone has outsourced SEO tasks and whether they have had any success in doing so?

It is clear that 95% of "SEO experts" are snake oils salesmen and I wondered if anyone has disproven this theory?
    I don't outsource but have a very successful rate, so I must be in the 5 percent rate. And yes I agree that 95 percent are snake oil salesman, not sure what theory your speaking of as we don't really check the snake oil sales, that would waste all of our time.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I don't outsource but have a very successful rate, so I must be in the 5 percent rate. And yes I agree that 95 percent are snake oil salesman, not sure what theory your speaking of as we don't really check the snake oil sales, that would waste all of our time.
    It's like the phrase "but does it sell more soap" it really winds me up!

Honestly SEO has become a buzzword, so every web developer says all of these phrases to try and get the customers, which ruins it for the real SEO's
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ThomasHarvey
    Honestly SEO has become a buzzword, so every web developer says all of these phrases to try and get the customers, which ruins it for the real SEO's
    Couldn't agree more - I think these are the people I tend to discuss with. They are all over elance and odesk BUT, I don't know where else to look to find someone who is reliable and affordable! (or is that an oxymoron "reliable & affordable"?
  9. SEO Since 97

Couldn't agree more - I think these are the people I tend to discuss with. They are all over elance and odesk BUT, I don't know where else to look to find someone who is reliable and affordable! (or is that an oxymoron "reliable & affordable"?
    yea it kinda is an oxymoron.

what's reasonable?
  11. No Profile Picture

what's reasonable?
    My expectation was for someone to spend half a day per week = 16 hours. Based on the marketplace, I was expecting to find a gold nugget at around $10-15/hour.

I ended up just getting link builders, not SEO experts. Literally, nobody does any on-site optimisation, it's all just link building
  13. SEO Since 97

what's the website, if you don't want to post it you can send it through a pm, I'll be glad to take a look at it.
  15. No Profile Picture

what's the website, if you don't want to post it you can send it through a pm, I'll be glad to take a look at it.
    Thanks. done.
  17. No Profile Picture

My expectation was for someone to spend half a day per week = 16 hours. Based on the marketplace, I was expecting to find a gold nugget at around $10-15/hour.

I ended up just getting link builders, not SEO experts. Literally, nobody does any on-site optimisation, it's all just link building
    Can't agree more. I've tried a couple of them without much luck. Where do small business owners get help with their SEO?
  19. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by pika4ever
    Can't agree more. I've tried a couple of them without much luck. Where do small business owners get help with their SEO?
    then you're trying the wrong ones.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Woah. That's surprising. Personally, I like onsite optimization more than link building. I wonder why more are drawn into offsite optimization.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I am on the outsourced end and reading your comments here are pretty interesting to me. When I started this online gig about 5-6 years ago, the competition was not really that high compared to now. More and more are claiming to be SEO experts and I just envy them. I started with zero knowledge on online marketing. My first position was VA. I was trained and all. The focus then became SEO. I have been learning since then. Now, I still do some VA stuffs, but more of my tasks are related to SEO. We did try to hire an SEO company, since I was already doing a handful. My employer was intrigued about an email he received from a SEO company. In the end, it didn't work well. They promised a lot of things with little work. I managed the project manager of that company. I receive reports from time to time, and they were doing little work with the results they were reporting.

I remember, when I was a newbie, I was paid almost the same as them and I can do their half-month work in a week. It was crazy. I would admit I was a bit jealous how easy they get their money. Anyway, we parted ways with the company because of the poor results and reasons most of you are saying in this thread.

I am not a SEO expert like those self-proclaimed webmasters out there (although I did have my fair share of learning through the years), but I am on the outsourced end and have been working for a small business owner for over 5 years now (which I always consider a blessing!). There has got to be someone out there. You just have to keep on looking. Look at the right places. Test people until you get the right one you're comfortable to work with and is able to bring results. Also, one thing that is important is finding a person you can trust and is willing to win your trust since you can't monitor virtual workers every minute. I know, it's easier said than done. Just try your luck if you really are into finding one.

If you are wondering how things worked for me, well, I had a 360 degree turn from my profession and I literally had nothing after that. To be able to support myself, I had to make things work. This is actually an answered prayer for me. When I got the chance, I just worked the hardest I could. And I am always grateful to have a good working relationship with my employer since day one.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Interesting post! Thank you for sharing!
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Xen-G
    If you are wondering how things worked for me, well, I had a 360 degree turn from my profession and I literally had nothing after that. To be able to support myself, I had to make things work. This is actually an answered prayer for me. When I got the chance, I just worked the hardest I could. And I am always grateful to have a good working relationship with my employer since day one.
    Very touching.

I've had a simillar experience as yours. But... I'm my own employer since then. It's not easy, but I'm glad you end up much more than OK. Nice story. Happy to read you. Those are the motivation people like us need to read.

Comments on this post

• Xen-G agrees : thank you!
  27. No Profile Picture

I have also been looking for SEO help.
    Over the past few months I have dragged our site up from page 10 in google to page 3, but it's getting harder and harder to work out what to do next.

I have gone out to a dozen or so companies for quotes to help, but have either come back at > 300 ($430) a month, or 70($100) an hour, which seems a little expensive to me.

can anyone recommend any decent and hopefully cheapish people/companies out there that could give me some advice. I'm not asking for anything to be coded/amended, I will do all that, just advice on how to improve.
  29. SEO Since 97

decent and hopefully cheapish people
    decent and cheapist don't really work well together.

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: