1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need SEO help for client

I need some advice on the best way to proceed. I have a client that has 2 separate domain names, along with 2 separate websites (neither of which I built). Website #1 has all the content. Website #2 has a title tag and a description, and the content is pulled via some kind of frame from Website #1. The problem is that the URL for #2 is her main URL that she promotes, so she can't optimize content on that site, since there isn't any content. Site #1 is very well ranked at optimized, #2, not so much. She wants to migrate content over from #1 to #2 and eventually just forward #1, however she's concerned about the duplicate content issue, as she doesn't want to do it cold turkey and lose all her SEO work that she's done for the past 3 years.
    I'm looking for ideas on how to do this easily, and avoid potential duplicate content issues, and is duplicate content even an issue in this situation?
    Any guidance is much appreciated, thank you!
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    If only one domain is going to survive, just do 301 redirects from the old to the new... end of problem. You will lose a tiny bit of link juice but all prior SEO work, e.g. backlinks, will stay intact.

Comments on this post

• ElectricPrez agrees : KAPOW
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

that's the best solution so far i could think also.. one domain have to sacrifice for the sake of your clients site rankings..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yep, I agree with the comments above. 301 redirect in your .htaccess file all the way and problem solved. Good luck.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo