1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Need a program to report on my META tags

Is there any utility program [preferably free], that will spider my site(s), and make a nice neat listing of all title tags and meta tags for each page. I have a bunch of sites that could do with some cleanup, but it's a pain to go through each page manually to pull out the meta tags and review them.

I would also be easier to do what I want if I could see all the tags for all pages in one place next to each other.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Maxamine Web Presence Management Software - The most recent highend version goes for $40K US.

Took me a while to find this older free 14 day fully functional demo.

An exceptional tool - the embedded logfile analyser is also very robust - after spidering a site - load in a logfile > and will super-impose traffic patterns on to a web map of the site.

Newer demo have many new features but limit number of domain you can spider as well as cuts off at 200 analyzed webpages... this particular one unlimited domains and about 600 analyzed pages.

A big time saver - and well worth the investment (I believe they start at $2K per one domain).

Download 15mb
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks, thats pretty cool, I'll play with it some more. It does have a report that does almost everything a want, it's great - I get to see all the meta keywords on every page all together.
  7. rod@missionop.com

Originally posted by "seo_rat"

Thanks, thats pretty cool, I'll play with it some more. It does have a report that does almost everything a want, it's great - I get to see all the meta keywords on every page all together.
    No problem - and for everyone else - TOO LATE!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It's perhaps worth mentioning that meta tags are not the be all and end all. In fact, for a search engine like Google there of little significance. Link popularity is a much more important factor.

Aaron
  11. rod@missionop.com

How so?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What do you mean "how so" ...?!

Aaron
  15. rod@missionop.com

well... link popularity without anything else in support is as useless as Meta Keyword.

All other things being equal > link popularity does have the edge... however, on the web things are never equal thus if you disguard one form of optimization is favor of another... I'll (and many others) will beat you everytime. Your page and my page precisely the same (link pop included) but I use Meta's and you don't >> I rank higher!

The moral... don't discount anything... unless you have numerous controlled experiment to disprove their effectiveness. Just someone's "say so" doesn't make it so.

Meta Title IS more important than link pop - simply because it defines "Page Topic" and link pop from "Free Links" isn't close to the potential of pop link from a page with the same topic.

Note: Google/Googlebot still reads and uses Meta Description.

You can prove this yourself with but a single typo!

Lastly >> "the power of the link is found -- not just by quanity... but quality, as well as the "organic structure" in which it resides (a natural link construct) , and most importantly how many generations back that topic flows".

A hint >> if you do link exchanges with site owners and your link (to you) is placed on a page where the page Meta Title is called -- "Links" or "Links Page" > you have just wasted far more effort than adding a good Meta Description with but about the same weighing.

e.g. the link pop you get from this page Need a program to report on my META tags is pretty much worthless in aiding say a "travel site" ... with the exception that "program" might help you to improve on a "travel program" query, etc.