1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question My website is ranking on Google only on my PC

Hi , i'm a newbie in this SEO thing , and this is the best SEO forum i found so far . My question is about my ranking on Google . Lately i've been working on optimizing my website to appear in the first results with the Keyword "Android Tablet Egypt" and the same translation in Arabic (Keep in mind that i use google.com.eg as my main Google search and my website is in Arabic) . Now that i finished optimizing my website , it is appearing the 5th result on google.com.eg which is great for now . But it didn't take me so long to find out that my website is ranking 5th only when i search with my PC which is very weird ! I tried to search with the same search term on the same search engine (google.com.eg) with some different PCs and tablets but my website didn't appear at all . Do any one have explanation for this ? Thanks in advance .
  3. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by difovo
    Hi , i'm a newbie in this SEO thing , and this is the best SEO forum i found so far . .....
    Now that i finished optimizing my website , it is appearing the 5th result on google.com.eg which is great for now . But it didn't take me so long to find out that my website is ranking 5th only when i search with my PC which is very weird !
    I tried to search with the same search term on the same search engine (google.com.eg) with some different PCs and tablets but my website didn't appear at all . Do any one have explanation for this ? Thanks in advance .
    Yes, this happens quite often. It is the results of personalized search data being returned by Google. Its a bummer when you first see this happen.

There are a couple of things that bring this about.
    You could be logged into your Google account. This will definately affect things and the other is you are not using depersonalized search. This is where you append a &pws=0 to the end of you google query.

You can setup FireFox to automatically do this for you, alas if you're using IE, not so easy, then it has to be done manually. The Third option is use a proxy or rank tracking software that takes this into account.

The easiest solution is log out of google, then goto pagewash.com and check your search terms there.

Comments on this post

• TcxAnthony agrees
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DMN Webmaster
    Yes, this happens quite often. It is the results of personalized search data being returned by Google. Its a bummer when you first see this happen.

There are a couple of things that bring this about.
    You could be logged into your Google account. This will definately affect things and the other is you are not using depersonalized search. This is where you append a &pws=0 to the end of you google query.

You can setup FireFox to automatically do this for you, alas if you're using IE, not so easy, then it has to be done manually. The Third option is use a proxy or rank tracking software that takes this into account.

The easiest solution is log out of google, then goto pagewash.com and check your search terms there.
    Aha ! Now i got it , Thank you But if you don't mind , i have another question . When should my optimizations take effect on my ranking on Google , a day , a week or more ... ? Thank You .
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Aha ! Now i got it , Thank you But if you don't mind , i have another question . When should my optimizations take effect on my ranking on Google , a day , a week or more ... ? Thank You .
    Depends. Could be days, it could be months. If it's just onpage SEO it will reflect the next crawl date.

If you're building links it take a bit more time as Google must crawl each link.

Assuming you have a normal website, I would say well before 1 month for a re-crawl of your site, maybe sooner.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joshz
    Depends. Could be days, it could be months. If it's just onpage SEO it will reflect the next crawl date.

If you're building links it take a bit more time as Google must crawl each link.

Assuming you have a normal website, I would say well before 1 month for a re-crawl of your site, maybe sooner.
    Nice info Joshz thanks , but are there specified dates in which Google recrawl the web , or it's just random ?
  11. SEO Consultant

Nice info Joshz thanks , but are there specified dates in which Google recrawl the web , or it's just random ?
    A little bit of both. Your crawl rate and page index count has been said to be related to your PageRank. More trusted/authority site get crawled faster.
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you search your site name, you can see how often your different pages get cached by the little arrow or the cache link.
    You might also have a tag telling bots how often to spider, however I'm not sure if the bot's even use em anymore.

But like Josh said it should be a couple times a month at the minimum.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Wink Fetch as Google

Hey,

Once your site is registered for Webmaster Tools you can also ask Google to crawl a page that you have changed significantly, as well. Here are Google's instructions:

Ask Google to crawl a page or site:
    ==========================

On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want.
    On the Dashboard, under Health, click Fetch as Google.
    In the text box, type the path to the page you want to check.
    In the dropdown list, select Web. (You can select another type of page, but currently we only accept submissions for our Web Search index.)
    Click Fetch. Google will fetch the URL you requested. It may take up to 10 or 15 minutes for Fetch status to be updated.
    Once you see a Fetch status of "Successful", click Submit to Index, and then click one of the following:
    To submit the individual URL to Google's index, select URL and click Submit. You can submit up to 500 URLs a week in this way.
    To submit the URL and all pages linked from it, click URL and all linked pages. You can submit up to 10 of these requests a month.

I'd link to Google's page but I'm pretty new so I'm not sure that it would work. Hope that helps though! :-)

Comments on this post

• DMN Webmaster agrees : Nice of you to mention that to him. a whole lot of work, instead create a site map and submit that. Here have some rep.
  17. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

Thanks pookyloc for the great method and thanks DMN Webmaster , Joshz , Test-ok ... You guys helped alot!
  19. SEO Consultant

Thanks pookyloc for the great method and thanks DMN Webmaster , Joshz , Test-ok ... You guys helped alot!
    No problem. Don't be a one hit wonder, stay around!