1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Multiple pages or multiple domains?

First of all hello. I am not a web professional. However due to having little to no money I have been playing around with website developing to try and boost my business income. I get quite excited by html and css. Only today I found a little piece of css that makes images opaque! What a buzz that was.

I have a question I was not sure how to enter into the search box.

The question is in regards to ranking highly in search engines.

I live in an area where I am less than 10 miles between several large towns in any direction. I am unsure wether it would be better to have a seperate website for each town or one website with a page for each town. I fear with latter I may be penalised for repetition (or is repetition only for having multiple domains looking the same?) as I would like maybe to make a template and change the town name only for each page.

Also I was considering doing a seperate page in each town for each service I offer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Its better to have one website pointing out to both the towns. It surely can become a case of Duplication if you have two websites for both the towns. Changing the town name in the content would make a great difference, the content could still be penalized by Search engines for duplication.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I'd have one website and target the seperate towns on different pages. I would write unique content for each as there must be something specific each town offers/has that you could use to your advantage.

Make sure the content is unique on all pages; even if you're talking about the same service!

DD