1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

More noob advice, beta testing new website....

Hello all,

i've recently been asked to plan out a beta testing programme for a website i'm helping out with. trouble is, i'm quite green with regards to beta testing a start-up site, and really need some advice. can't seem to find anything online....

has anyone launched a site and went through beta testing before? what's the most important things to do and look out for in your opinion? what kind of feedback ought i encourage????

thanks sincerely for your advice!

cheers,
    David
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by DavidL
    Hello all,

i've recently been asked to plan out a beta testing programme for a website i'm helping out with. trouble is, i'm quite green with regards to beta testing a start-up site, and really need some advice. can't seem to find anything online....

has anyone launched a site and went through beta testing before? what's the most important things to do and look out for in your opinion? what kind of feedback ought i encourage????

thanks sincerely for your advice!

cheers,
    David
    Assuming that is "best testing a design" I would think that means to check the website in all primary browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) text readers and with Javascript disabled in all resolutions and color palettes, to see if there is any unusual occurrences and then fix them.

Best to go to page top and click to Tutorials: and click on Dev Shed for design stuff and ask there.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

oh great cheers. i think i was kind of ambiguous there...i mean beta testing for users, getting feedback on their experience...
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

consider general stuff first to determine what is likely related to your user base and then run an online survey that you can direct users to...

Sources: http://www.useit.com/ http://psychology.wichita.edu/surl/newsletter.htm