1. No Profile Picture

Is Medium a good platform for SEO?

Hi, all.

I'm using Medium to share and write articles about web design, development, and SEO.

Do you think Medium is a good platform for sharing web design, development and SEO resources? Would you prefer and recommend other platforms like Huffingpost and Quora instead? Why?
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

If you are able to generate some good traffic that will great but your sounds like you are asking about backlinks or submissions just like copy and paste job. I am afraid your site will be penalized finally.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

You need to be a bit more specific. Good for what?
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello Prof.stan,

Thank you. I want to clarify that I'm not doing a "copy & paste" job on the articles I share. I would also like to clear the context of the word I used. "share" - in the context of writing new and unique content; submitting it on the platform for users to read and use.

Follow up question, I'm a bit confused, are you saying that using these sites for backlinks is bad and will be penalized? or are you only referring to the "copy & paste" method?
  9. No Profile Picture

Terry J, sorry for the broad question.

I'm interested to know if anyone in the forum has successful experience in using Medium, Quora and/or Huffingpost for creating traffic to your website and building links for SEO.

I want to know what you use and why you use these platforms.
  11. Entrepreneur

Article submissions are bad for ranking. Don't use this rather than this update your content at your site as per your users. So your users will refer to you from other external resources.
  13. No Profile Picture

Yes, Medium is a GOOD platform for sharing great content and connective with the like-minded people. Not only Medium, but I would recommend LinkedIn Pulse, and other authority sites like Huffington Post, Forbs, Inc. Magazine etc. But the only condition is that the content should provide value to the reader. And helps reader to solve their problems. It will help you to generate ton of great natural links to your sites that not only increase your traffic but also increases your site authority.
  15. No Profile Picture

Medium also is good platform to share article, but if you want to share articles or web design on other platforms. i recommend you use behance platform or stumble upon platform. 2 platform really suits for web design or development
  17. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by joeypacouter
    Medium also is good platform to share article, but if you want to share articles or web design on other platforms. i recommend you use behance platform or stumble upon platform. 2 platform really suits for web design or development
    Every sharing platforms are good but it depends how many users are following you and also think why they should follow you. Otherwise these activities are not going to add any value.
  19. No Profile Picture

Absolutely, any platforms also need following but what I want to say here is it suits for web designer. If you bring an article about cooking and take them in other places as car forum or moto forum. What sure they read them? or bounce rate higher than ever?
  21. No Profile Picture

Yep, it is as the domain authority of medium is great, though it provides no follow link. Your post will rank and thus increasing your traffic also.