1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Interesting cheap lead generation ideas?

Hi everybody,

It might be not directly a SEO question, nevertheless...

We are not a lead generation company, but lately were asked by clients to help them not only with creative but also with some cheap led gen. (Well, whatever we do for ourselves is not necessarily that cheap)

For example our latest client is a software company.
    Relevant software related keywords are not cheap.Their organic search is not strong yet, but it's not our headache as we don't do on-page SEO. Telemarketing seem to be dying. Print ads for unknown brands is a waste of money.

Does anybody want to share some very inexpensive ideas for affordable leads generation (and I mean under $5 per lead).
    More unique they are, more appreciative I can be

<snip>
    Last edited by JagNet; Dec 23rd, 2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: removed fake signature
  3. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Cheap Leads are easy.....get yourself a phone book and you have hundreds of thousands....but this probably wont get you anywhere...

Cheap quality leads are another story and quite frankly you get what you pay for. In my day job I buy data at 15p per name and telephone number so that's cheap. I then have to spend good money having these leads qualified by a team of telemarketers. In my industry (IT Security) a good quality qualified lead will cost around 200.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You sure you're not a recruitment agency.
  7. 魔鬼是我的背部
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Adsensetion.com
    Hi everybody,

It might be not directly a SEO question, nevertheless...

We are not a lead generation company, but lately were asked by clients to help them not only with creative but also with some cheap led gen. (Well, whatever we do for ourselves is not necessarily that cheap)

For example our latest client is a software company.
    Relevant software related keywords are not cheap.Their organic search is not strong yet, but it's not our headache as we don't do on-page SEO. Telemarketing seem to be dying. Print ads for unknown brands is a waste of money.

Does anybody want to share some very inexpensive ideas for affordable leads generation (and I mean under $5 per lead).

<snip>
    The cheapest lead generation technique that i can think of is 'e-mail marketing'. My last company generated majority of its revenues (US$ 60 million) just through e-mail marketing. So anybody who doubts the power of e-mail marketing should look at the sales figure again and again until he faints out of disbelief
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by Adsensetion.com
    You can try out the following:

1. PPC - Instead of going for top 10 industry specific keywords which will cost a lot, go for 1000 long tail industry specific keywords which will not only come at a very low cost but will also lead to much more targeted traffic.

2. Email Marketing - This can be a powerful lead generation tool if done correctly. However, make sure that you are sending offers to the right audience and are not accused of SPAMMING.

3. Affiliate Marketing - This can prove to be beneficial in multiple ways...

• One way links - Sites enrolling in your affiliate program will provide you one way links.

• Low Cost of Acquisition - You pay only when a visitor comes in from a website and performs an action [purchase/ sign up]

• Reinforce Branding - Since your affiliate partners will be putting up banners/ buttons of your company's website on their online properties it will help to create and reinforce a strong online brand presence for your company.

Choose any or all of the above according to your convenience.

Good Luck!

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you, guys.

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your comments.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo