1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Angry Immediate Domain name Help Needed. Huge Dilemma

our business website forums were running since 2 year on olddomain.com
    now we have a problem with the domain name, person who registered the domain had internal disputes and started his own business on the same domain name olddomain.com
    The issue only resides with the domain name, all other data for site database, customers, server provider are registered with us. Since we did not had any legal agreement for the domain, we cannot do anything for old domain

At last, we have to shift to a new domin newdomain.com
    our old domain has a pageranking 7.0 and we get around 25000 visits daily from search engines, there are more then 15000 registered users.

If we start with a new domain name will this effect our business as we target our customers only from forums.
    How long it should take for the new domain to get traffic like before as we had more then 25000 uniques daily and what would be the best way to get the things started immediately ?
  3. No Profile Picture

Unfortunately, I can see why this guy would want to keep the domain. With PR7 it should have a good amount of backlinks, type-ins and bookmarks.

The problem will be to get it going again, since with google's 'sandbox' issues, new sites seems to have put on 'hold' for the first 6 to 9 months, before starting to show up on the serp's. So you will have to at least wait that long.

Try to inform all registered users by email so you have traffic in the meantime. Your chances would also be better at the moment with msn and yahoo, since they seem to have no problems listing new sites.

Community / forum sites gain backlinks by themselves. You said that it took you 2 years to gain this amount of visitors. I'd say another 2 to repeat itself.

Good luck...
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Have you tried to buy the domain?... or work out an agreement where you or the other party can use a subdomain? It will cost a lot to design and move to a new site, wait out the sandbox, etc.
    Last edited by EGOL; Jan 19th, 2005 at 08:24 PM.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  7. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

PM me the domain, I visit several domain business forums and I'll keep an eye open in case he tries to sell it over there.
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Gilgul
    Unfortunately, I can see why this guy would want to keep the domain. With PR7 it should have a good amount of backlinks, type-ins and bookmarks.

The problem will be to get it going again, since with google's 'sandbox' issues, new sites seems to have put on 'hold' for the first 6 to 9 months, before starting to show up on the serp's. So you will have to at least wait that long.

Try to inform all registered users by email so you have traffic in the meantime. Your chances would also be better at the moment with msn and yahoo, since they seem to have no problems listing new sites.

Community / forum sites gain backlinks by themselves. You said that it took you 2 years to gain this amount of visitors. I'd say another 2 to repeat itself.

Good luck...
    this 2 years of work again will be very hurting