1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have a new domain, how to best use it?

Hi All,

I do alot of microsites and push both adwords and affiliate programmes and products and earn enough to give me some fun money. For a long time i have wanted to get into the mobile phone market as i have spoken to alot of people who get anything upto 100 a time from affiliate programmes.

I have just purchased a new domain after doing some digging around and though that before i dive into doing things how i normally would , i thought id ask advice on how to best utilise the domain i have bought. Ive just purchased newiphone.co.uk and will put up a holding page once all of the registration has gone through and i have access to everything. According to Google keyword planner the term 'new iphone' gets around 368k searches a month. Moz says this is an extremely difficult keyword to rank for with a 80% difficulty rating so i appreciate i wont be at number 1 in a couple of weeks.

Id appreciate your ideas and suggestions as a community to see how i go forward.

Many tanks in advance

Paul
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would not bother targeting "new iphone" to be completely honest with you. The search results for that phrase in Google.co.uk show the following:

1. Apple
    2. Apple
    3. Apple
    4. Expert Reviews
    5. The Week
    6. O2
    7. TechRadar
    8. ValueWalk
    9. Wikipedia
    10. Refinery 29
    11. The Verge
    12. Gizmodo
    13. Yahoo! Answers
    14. Vodafone
    15. WSJ
    16. DigitalTrends
    17. Forbes

etc....

For the most part, these are well-established names. I bolded some of the biggest ones. You have a new site and it would take A LOT of time and marketing to gain the authority to compete in this niche. You are better off targeting longer tail phrases such as the following:

"iphone 4 4g"
    "bluetooth iphone 4"
    "new iphone ios 7"

For some of these Apple already dominates the first page so the best you should expect for is page 2.
  5. No Profile Picture

Dear paul,
    Thank you for the post .It is very important to me because i want to know the same to you that how can i improve my page rank by good seo.I also new in web design and seo.If any one can help about that i will be woe to him.