1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Help in Solving a Problem

Since November 2nd the total daily visits to one of our websites have halved.

This is from all traffic sources(direct, organic and Paid), which rules out a drop in rankings (plus rankings are virtually the same).

Another peculiar thing is that it only seems to be the Homepage which has lost page views. All the other pages of the website have actually seen more page views since the said date.

The drop seems to be across all countries and cities, as well as key terms (including - "Not Provided" and Brand Name terms)

I have checked webmaster tools and all is in order, a few pages not found but nothing critical. The robots.txt file seems to be all in order as does the tracking code itself.

If anybody has any answers, or suggestions of things to check, it would be much appreciated.

Matt
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

What type of site is it? Did you make any changes onpage? Is it a seasonal site? What's the URL?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I can't put the URL due to my new user status

We haven't made any onsite changes but i have noticed a change to the homepage title, which the client has made a change to for some unbeknown reason.

I wouldn't say it is seasonal. And even if it was the visits would just stop overnight.

The site is a gas detection website, with an attached e-commerce site.

Thanks for taking a look
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

When you review your GA data and view the data by ONLY SE traffic, do you see a decline? Not looking at your actual SERPs, but looking at your Search Engine traffic via GA.

You can format your url like this: www dot website dot com