1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google is Stagnant

Hello, I have a website I built for my Sister and am fairly annoyed by Google as of late. The site has been up for around 6 months. I recently switched to https as it's a shopping site among other reasons.

I have requested some reindexing via GSC and it's been 2 months since I have updated a bunch of meta tags, page headings, page titles, etc. The shop has structured data as well for each product page. Google is just blowing off my requests but has updated a few things but is extremely slow. I've done this before and do not remember it taking so long.

https://stitchcraftga.com/

I have set the perferred domain in search console and create the group for the www, non www and https version. We have been doing some link building mostly on social media but also an Etsy shop. Very few backlinks are showing up in GSC including all the social media channels. Does GSC exclude no follow links in this data?

Thank you
    Last edited by pro_seo; Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Removed live link
  3. Contributing User

I guess I found the answer to the no follow links. It appears that answer is yes they see them as well. I checked Pinterest and it is rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" for that link.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

The link building you've suggested doesn't sound like much. Do a better job finding more links. Local business links, niche market links, major contributors in your niche. Anything. This is the marketing part of the SEO game (which is critical.)
  7. Contributing User

OK that is what I am trying to do.

I am trying to find out why Google is not updating anything. I have 30 products with schema.org markup and they have been showing me one for 2 months in GSC. How long does it take for Google to update my index database? I can only ask so many times.

All the meta titles and H1 tags have been updated.

Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Dave

Believe it or not .. Google has updated itself about your site...

Google Cache
    This is Google's cache of https://stitchcraftga.com/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jan 17, 2017 18:23:27 GMT
    This is Google's cache of https://stitchcraftga.com/shop/handbags. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jan 4, 2017 03:38:50 GMT.
    Your problems are not that Google has not indexed nor updated its index for the site. I checked quite a few of your pages, the 4th being the oldest cache date.

I think you have other issues..

edited...
    the cat walked over my keyboard and caused the post to be terminated ... lol
    I think your targeted keywords choices may be faulty, also you have left many alt img texts empty. Also your content is very thin in my opinion.... You are not standing out.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jan 20th, 2017 at 08:21 PM.
  11. Contributing User

Google Search Console is just stuck at the same place it was last month. 1 product schema in structured data for the last 6 weeks. So if they are updating they are not sharing this with me.

I clicked through a few backlinks from a few IP addresses over the last few weeks and they are not in the backlinks. They are not appearing in the links to my site data. On and on.

I will grow the site but if Google's going to just ignore it then why bother?

Custom handbags is a tough niche to get into I realize that but Google is very slow to update from my opinion. I am new to the SEO portion of web design.
  13. No Profile Picture

I don't think you understand what it is Google does and what that means in terms of your website.

As the poster above has shown, Google is crawling your site, the oldest copy of the site in the cache being around a month old. Fairly normal.

It sounds like there are errors with your schema if its not being detected. And if your rankings aren't improving, you may need to up your marketing game.
  15. Contributing User

Hi Terry, I do understand what is it Google does. This is not my first website rodeo and Google is not updating their index and taking forever to add the schema tags. I have changed many other sites and requested reindexing to have the changes reflected in a search in days/weeks.

I changed my title tags and H1 tags on all my products and pages over 2 + months ago and requested a reindex 2 or 3 times now. Over half of these pages are still showing the old title and H1 tag from 2 + months ago.

There are no errors in the schema either. Unless Google's schema tester is not correct but thanks for that.

Thanks for your condescending comments. I think the appropriate answer would be Google prioritizes sites by ranking or some other factors.