1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google showing Homepage URL instead of Article URL

Hi,

I've a website related to business consulting, I'm running offpage for the keyword "Business plan writing service" for Article page's URL, (article page's url is also in this keyword)

and keyword "Business Plan Writer" for Homepage URL.

now on Google SERP, when I search my keyowrd "Business Plan Writing Service" it showing me homepage url, instead of article url, and sometimes it showing me article url on the same keyword (business plan writing service).

Plz reply,
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

First things first, please answer these questions:

1. Do you have personalised search turned on?
    2. Are you logged into a google account when searching your keywords?
    3. How old is your site?
    4. What seo have you been doing?
    5. What url have you been pointing links to for those keywords?
    6. Last of all, would you mind posting your url please? (please post as domain.com without http://www. due to your low post count)

With those details and your url we should be able to help a little more, but at a guess without the above, I would say google is currently finding your home page a better source of information for those keywords, so you will need to build more links with keyword anchor text to the internal page as well as maybe adding more relevant and informative information to the internal page you wish to rank.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : #1..ding..ding..ding..ding...did I win?
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture

1. Do you have personalised search turned on?
    No

2. Are you logged into a google account when searching your keywords?
    No

3. How old is your site?
    2 - 3 years

4. What seo have you been doing?
    Bookmarking, Blogs, Forums, Social Media thats it,

5. What url have you been pointing links to for those keywords?

Article url for business plan writing service: .......articles/1/business_Plan_writing_service.aspx

& Homepage for Business plan writer: bizplancorner.com

6. Last of all, would you mind posting your url please? (please post as domain.com without http://www. due to your low post count)
    ok, its bizplancorner.com,
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

First of you might want to consider sorting out your non-www to www redirects.

Then you will want to learn what quality link building is all about, because the links I can see in google for that page are all low quality links and not going to do a great deal for you.

Apart from that, I would simply put this down to google finding the home page more relevant for the search terms due to the low quality of links pointing to the page. So again, get some quality links pointing to that page and try adding some more relevant content about what you do.

Also is that page new? If so it will take a little time for it to take place of the home page, so just keep at and it should take its place in the SERPs given time.
  9. No Profile Picture

no, its very old page,

and how can you say they page that are pointing to that article are low quality links?

how can I check the quality, are you saying quality is PageRank of the pages?

also tell me when a day I didn't do offpage its rank decrease, i didnt see this type of daily rank decrease or increase. what you say about this?
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by saadeez
    no, its very old page,

and how can you say they page that are pointing to that article are low quality links?
    Here's the link search I looked at because OSE is saying you have no links pointing to that page.

I wouldn't class any of them as quality links because they look to be mostly directories and other low quality sites.

A quality link is one from a site that's relevant to your site/niche that not any body and every body can get their hands on.

For example, gaining a link on a site about content writing would be a relevant link to your site and one that I couldn't get a link from about online gaming because it's a relevant site/page to your niche only.

how can I check the quality, are you saying quality is PageRank of the pages?
    PR has nothing to do with the quality of a site, look for keywords relevant to yours and try to gain links on the top ranking sites for those relevant keywords, that's just one example of a way to gain quality links, links from sites that have authority and rank well within your niche or similar niches.

also tell me when a day I didn't do offpage its rank decrease, i didnt see this type of daily rank decrease or increase. what you say about this?
    I don't think I fully understand this bit, but are you saying your seeing different rankings each day? If so, I don't know what the reason behind that could be other then personalised search. Sorry I can't help more with that question, but I haven't had that before so I wouldn't know the reasons behind it
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

that is what happened with me as well but after sometime google started showing article page instead of homepage, i hope it will change for you too.