1. No Profile Picture
    khs
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Good results with yahoo, nowhere to be found in google.

Hopefully someone can lend some insight into something I'm experiencing with a client's site. The site http://www.buckinghamfacialplastics.com has been up for a few months now but google seems to have dropped it or something. Using the search "facial plastic surgery austin texas", the site shows up as #3 in yahoo, but nowhere to be found in google. Searching for the url itself in google results in a "coming soon" page that has been gone for at least 3 months now. Several weeks ago google WAS finding the current site but seems to have reverted to the prior version for some reason.

What's odd is the site was submitted to google but not yahoo, and now only yahoo seems to be seeing the current site. I also submitted the site to DMOZ about 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten any response yet.

Any ideas what is up with google and the site? Any advice? Yes I know there aren't many backlinks. I'm not really in a position to control that aspect of the site though.

Thanks,
    Kurt
    Last edited by khs; Apr 27th, 2004 at 01:05 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

DMOZ will take awhile, don't get your hopes up.

The most important thing to help you rank well is lots of inbound links using your keywords as anchortext.

To answer your question though, I've found it easier to rank well in Yahoo even when I don't rank in Google at all. What you're seeing is not unusual, they are different SE's and return their results based on different factors.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cool

We're all wondering what's going on with DMOZ. But yes, don't expect action any time soon.

Regards,

Agalychnis
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    With 0 bl's on the toolbar and only 3 on a www.your-site.com G search, you are likely not going to show on G. Have to get those bl's through both internal and external linkage. Preferably the latter.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  9. web designer
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

dude...

with only 9k results for that keyphrase...
    i would say if you havent hit the top 100 in a week...then something is very wrong.

your page is pr0.

as far as i can tell...
    google knows about 1 link pointing to your site. [on the entire internet]
    ...and that is from a pr0 page.

seek out medical directories and any other relevant sites that will list your site.
    get it listed.
    you need to do some work dude.

11. No Profile Picture
    khs
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

what I really don't understand is...

Thanks so far for the responses but what I'm most confused by is why google seems to have reverted to the "Coming Soon" page that I took off months ago. About a month ago google was finding the site with "facial plastic surgery austing texas" in the top 10-20. Now it appears google isn't seeing the current site at all so none of the search terms work, except for the URL itself.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to list the site on doctor directories, etc. I've strongly encouraged the client to do this but they haven't to this point. They did sign up with one doctor directory that appears highly in the searches, but this directory doesn't provide a link to the web site. For the amount they paid for this listing I would be rather upset without a link but I'm not in control of that.

Thanks,
    Kurt