1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Good rank and searches, still bad impressions and clicks

Hello All,

Kindly help me out as for one of my site, I am getting good rankings for the keywords and searches for the keywords are also good. But still the webmaster tools is showing bad number of impressions and clicks.
    Why it is so?

Please share your valuable thoughts on the same.

Thanks,
    Ankit
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Let me try and get my head round this.

You rank well for keywords that attract a lot of traffic yet you don't get a lot of traffic as you would expect. Am I right so far?.

Do the titles and description snippet of your listings perhaps put people off and stop them from clicking on your link and make them look at other links that have a better title and description?

On a side note I don't understand how the impressions could be low if it is high traffic keywords that you rank well for. Clicks yes, impressions no.

Are you sure they are hight traffic keywords?. Where are you getting your information from?.
  5. No Profile Picture

First of all Thanks for your reply..

1. Yes, You are understanding it in a right way. All my keywords are of high searches according to Adwords tool. Further rankings are also good in google for all these keywords, but still most of them are not showing good impression in webmaster tool.

2. Other than that, One of the keyword is getting 3000 impressions but still its clicks are less than 10 in webmaster tools.
    ---------------------------------------------

Is it a condition that google is not showing right rankings for my keywords. I have checked in a tool to know the rankings in different data centers of google. That tool shows that on most of the keywords rankings are not in top 100.

Thanks,
    Ankit
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey, I'm wondering how you check your rankings. As I know, there isn't any tool that can give you the right rankings in SERPS. The only way we check our rankings is to search with google manually.