Thread: Future of SEO?

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Future of SEO?

As google daily updates new algorithms and affects on the websites. Do you think that there is any future in SEO.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Right now Google is doing multiple updates, which is referred to as the "Google Dance". This is most likely happening because they want to get all of their updates and refreshes out of the way before the holiday shopping season, which is starting very soon. As long as there is E-Commerce, there will be SEO. SEO just happens to be a fast paced environment. Keep up on your updates or be left in the dust. Also, these updates aren't daily, just coincidentally kind of back to back. The EMD Update and the Panda Refresh and now the above the fold which was talked about back in January, so not really anything unexpected.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : that's not the "google dance"
    • levis31cv agrees
    Last edited by TcxAnthony; Oct 10th, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Cool PPC vs Organic results after EMD update

Originally Posted by TcxAnthony
    Right now Google is doing multiple updates, which is referred to as the "Google Dance". This is most likely happening because they want to get all of their updates and refreshes out of the way before the holiday shopping season, which is starting very soon. As long as there is E-Commerce, there will be SEO. SEO just happens to be a fast paced environment. Keep up on your updates or be left in the dust. Also, these updates aren't daily, just coincidentally kind of back to back. The EMD Update and the Panda Refresh and now the above the fold which was talked about back in January, so not really anything unexpected.
    Dear TcxAnthony I 99% agree with you. But I personally felt that Google trying to give more importance to paid activities from business owners instead of organic. I remember few website which are ruled out after EMD update but Google still showing their PPC results. Its ridicules..............
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by chikkiarora
    Do you think that there is any future in SEO.
    OMG google have been doing updates again! Its the end of SEO and the world as we know it! NOT!!!

Have a read of this infographic http://www.nathanielbailey.co.uk/201...l-going-strong and notice that people have been claiming the death of search and seo since way back in 2097, and guess what, both are still here and here to stay!

All you need to do is keep up with what google likes (and other top search engines), keep your site fresh, keep content up-to-date, offer what people want/need, and your site should continue to succeed in the future

@arindamdutta16 Nice try on the copy/paste of comments from seroundtable, but us mods have huge eyes for your type of spam, so enjoy the ban!

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : can I borrow your time machine? :D
    Last edited by NathanielB; Nov 13th, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  9. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    OMG google have been doing updates again! Its the end of SEO and the world as we know it! NOT!!!

Have a read of this infographic http://www.nathanielbailey.co.uk/201...lgoing-strong/ and notice that people have been claiming the death of search and seo since way back in 2097, and guess what, both are still here and here to stay!

All you need to do is keep up with what google likes (and other top search engines), keep your site fresh, keep content up-to-date, offer what people want/need, and your site should continue to succeed in the future

@arindamdutta16 Nice try on the copy/paste of comments from seroundtable, but us mods have huge eyes for your type of spam, so enjoy the ban!
    It's a cycle: With every big, earth shattering Google update there is a cleaning out of all the shortcutters and spammers. They return to their job as IT people or burger flippers (same amount of brains for each ).

As the pros figure it out and start to share the info, the scammers return where they survive until the next update. Lather, rinse, repeat!
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

KernelPanic agrees: can I borrow your time machine?
    I was made by SEO Book (I got it from SEL I think) so yeah, the more people that can share it better, plus its got some nice images and text on it lol

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    It's a cycle: With every big, earth shattering Google update there is a cleaning out of all the shortcutters and spammers. They return to their job as IT people or burger flippers (same amount of brains for each ).

As the pros figure it out and start to share the info, the scammers return where they survive until the next update. Lather, rinse, repeat!
    Now I want a lovely big burger, but just had my lunch so best not lol

Comments on this post

• levis31cv agrees
    • KernelPanic agrees : Would you like fries with that sir?
  13. No Profile Picture

in my opinion, to do SEO is to adapt the website to Google's requirements.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

@ KernelPanic:
    Thanks for pointing that out for me regarding the Google Dance (I'm fairly new to SEO) I had read this article about the constant changes in algo updates back in September: http://searchengineland.com/google-dance-is-back-134125 I appreciate the input, I definitely still have quite a bit to learn.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, one thing is for sure. Search Engine Optimization is there and is recognized by Google as a means to be well 'optimized' for their search engine. They give guidelines and rules to follow. So, I don't see the point why people should say it will be gone in the future.

Those updates were surely made for spammers and nothing more... or maybe a 'better internet' depending on how they view it will be.
  19. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Optimitron
    When you rely entirely on one source of traffic, you are setting yourself up to be surprised if you lose that
    A very good point here, pay attention. If your only source of revenue for your business is Google traffic, you're walking a very thin line.

Comments on this post

• Optimitron agrees