Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Football (the American version)

Hey guys... I think we need a thread, similar to the Friday Fun Haiku thread, that we can revive every Monday and do a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking... TG's Chargers took it to the defending champion New England Patriots! I mean stomped em! Jroths Bills didn't look so good and my Rams got embarrassed by the Giants... who else wants to talk some football?

Comments on this post

• fuzzlepop agrees : I have to say this is the worst thread on seochat!
    I love SEO Chat.
  3. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

The Washington Skinnies are undefeated and look like the greatest team to ever walk the earth. Beware NFL. This could be the all time best team.

We have the best tackle to ever play w/two broken thumbs in casts. If they call holding on our right tackle, Janson, we will have to have the refs sent to prison.
    255 chars s*ck
  5. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by earlpearl
    The Washington Skinnies are undefeated and look like the greatest team to ever walk the earth. Beware NFL. This could be the all time best team.

We have the best tackle to ever play w/two broken thumbs in casts. If they call holding on our right tackle, Janson, we will have to have the refs sent to prison.
    Um.... I hope that is a bit of exaggeration... they are undefeated that is true, but they barely beat a crappy Dallas team as well as a barely .500 team in the Seahawks. They are 3-0 but consider who they have played, EP. The holding call thing is a good point though lol. That guy is HARD. Have you seen those casts he has to play with?
  7. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Washington? Are you kidding? They were a missed field goal away from losing to Seattle - a team not known for anything like greatness. They looked lackluster in every dept. (both teams did, actually). Brunell had a few moves, but the defense couldn't stop what is a pathetic Seattle offense and both teams got lucky on both sides of the ball far too many times.

I'm all for home town pride, but the Skins and the Hawks are not in the league's upper eschelon.

As for the Giants, I see them as the Colts of 2 years ago - lots of points, but too many shootouts and an offense that is vulnerable to the kind of defense put up by teams like Philadelphia, New England, Tampa Bay and this year's Colts.

I'm totally impressed with San Diego, though. It takes balls to give winning in New England a shot - most teams look they got paid to lose when they play up there and LT and crew were terrific.

Comments on this post

• WeRASkitzzo agrees : didnt know you were a football fan but great post
    • toddieg agrees : LT is solid.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  9. Permanently Banned

nice thread skittz - i will subscribe to it immediately.

a great week of football indeed. i can't believe you guys let Eli throw 4 td's ... but what i can't believe even more is that eli is actually doing well. the other week i was at the chargers giants game and was booing him so hard (until my throat was hoarse) - i secretly hoped he was going to have a bad season, but it doesn't look that way ... even that night he had a record game (despite the loss).

yesterday in vegas was nuts - i won $ on the chargers and got to talk smack to NE fans as well as yell at the TV... awesome.
    It's been fun everyone... Time to leave for good. See this for more details.
  11. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by toddieg
    nice thread skittz - i will subscribe to it immediately.

a great week of football indeed. i can't believe you guys let Eli throw 4 td's ... but what i can't believe even more is that eli is actually doing well. the other week i was at the chargers giants game and was booing him so hard (until my throat was hoarse) - i secretly hoped he was going to have a bad season, but it doesn't look that way ... even that night he had a record game (despite the loss).

yesterday in vegas was nuts - i won $ on the chargers and got to talk smack to NE fans as well as yell at the TV... awesome.
    LT is a stud. I hope you guys do well... what do you think will happen with Phil Rivers? As for the Rams letting Eli throw 4 tds.. when you dont use a running game it lets the other team have a TON of chances on offense. However, I think Eli is gonna be as good as his bro and will embarrass quite a few teams D. Like you said he played solid against the bolts last week even in the loss.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think the truth on the Skins is midway between randfish and earlp. They are lucky to be 3-0, it's true, but they do have a very good defense.
  15. Permanently Banned

chargers said something about possibly keeping drew and phil next year as well... (because they are below salary cap)

my personal opinion is that drew is on his way out.... if they don't make the playoffs, i bet this is his last year...however with performances like yesterday it's hard to see what's coming.
  17. Free the SB

Guys: This has to be the greatest Skins team ever...which probably makes them better than the Steelers of the 70's, the Pokes w/the triplets and the recent...now injured Pats.

Too bad about Brett Favre. This could be the end of the line for one of the all time great QBs. The pack looks weak and lost a lot w/injuries.

Meanwhile those eagles are playing tough.

Dave.
  19. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Dave - I think someone's letting his emotions get the better of his judgement.

The skins have on their sched:

Broncos (lose)
    Chiefs (lose)
    San Fran (win)
    Giants (win)
    Eagles (lose)
    Bucs (lose)
    Raiders (win)
    Chargers (don't know)
    Rams (lose)
    Cards (win)
    Cowboys (win)
    Giants (lose)
    Eagles (lose unless Eagles can't help themselves by winning)

So I give them a best possible record of 9 and 7 at the end of the year - which may squeek them into the playoffs and they'll lose in either the wild card round or the first round. This is based on performance to date. They could always improve, but it's rare.

Comments on this post

• earlpearl : Rand I only wish I could give you hundreds if not thousands of neg rep points. Could it be you are a terrorist? This is blasphemy. I must check w/your parents as to the methods of raising you....and other bs rants. LOL
  21. Free the SB

Rand:

Not only am I sure that this is the best skinnies team ever but if they lose it will be because of cheating or terrorists.

Football is for whooping it up, seeing big guys smash one another, startleing plays and cheerleaders

Of course betting the point spread, the over under etc. adds some spice to the games.

And don't forget the cheerleaders. The skinnies are on the way to 19-0, even with a highly unlikeable owner. LOL
  23. Permanently Banned

but if they lose it will be because of cheating or terrorists.
    terrorists...lol

we should start a weekly pickem pool on SEOchat (of course if that is allowed by the mods) ... everyone can paypal $5 to the winner and we can run it for free through yahoo's pickem or something

i wonder if that is breaking the rules
  25. Free the SB

Beer is critical for good football watching and evaluating. Without it ...its downright unamerican. Terrorists don't drink budweiser!!!!

Comments on this post

• rmccarley agrees : Completely!
    • fuzzlepop agrees : Only way to make football interesting is after 24 cans.
  27. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Beer is critical for good football watching and evaluating. Without it ...its downright unamerican. Terrorists don't drink budweiser!!!!
    Don't drink budweiser -- at least, get some decent beer!
  29. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Not sure what terrorism has to do with football... Probably not a whole lot. Terrorists are not the only ones with good taste in drinks ;) I wouldn't touch a budweiser during the game. I'm drinking ten-year old Vin Santo as I watch Brett Favre (with gray hair, my god!) get schooled by Delhomme and the Panthers. It's almost depressing to watch - Brett's been my hero for a decade.

UPDATE: Brett put in a respectable showing after all. My heart was pounding in my chest the last 30 minutes of the game and the last minute drop on 4th down by Driver doesn't mean I've given up on the Pack yet. They turned in a hell of a nail-biter 3 weeks out of 4 now. Losing to 4 opponents by less than 10 points total is not the same as being the SF 49ers.
    Last edited by randfish; Oct 4th, 2005 at 12:31 AM.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last
  • Jump to page: