1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

A little SEO advice

Hi Iím new here , Recently found this website and have read quite a few of the articles and look forward to brushing up on my SEO skills.

I currently have designed a website www,thealternativenhs,co,uk, Itís a website for someone who provides Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Counselling.

I was hoping that I could get them high in Google for Hypnotherapy Bromley, Psychotherapy Bromley etc., however itís not doing as well as I hoped. I have found a good few things which I need to work on such as gzip, meta tags etc. to possibly help with SEO positioning but am also looking to do some changes

On the front page I have information on all three subjects which I think isnít helping.? So Iím thinking of making each topic into its own individual page.
    Do you think this will help.

If I was to do this I then would have a blank front page, so Iím thinking of making this more generic about the types of problems people can have such as abuse etc.

any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Stu
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by staticbuddha
    Hi Iím new here , Recently found this website and have read quite a few of the articles and look forward to brushing up on my SEO skills.

I currently have designed a website www,thealternativenhs,co,uk, Itís a website for someone who provides Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Counselling.

I was hoping that I could get them high in Google for Hypnotherapy Bromley, Psychotherapy Bromley etc., however itís not doing as well as I hoped. I have found a good few things which I need to work on such as gzip, meta tags etc. to possibly help with SEO positioning but am also looking to do some changes

On the front page I have information on all three subjects which I think isnít helping.? So Iím thinking of making each topic into its own individual page.
    Do you think this will help.

If I was to do this I then would have a blank front page, so Iím thinking of making this more generic about the types of problems people can have such as abuse etc.

any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Stu
    You asked for a little advice so here you go, two words: Keyword stuffing.

Your title is: Hypnotherapy Bromley, Counselling Bromley, Psychotherapy BromleyHypnotherapy Bromley, Counselling Bromley, Psychotherapy Bromley
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your quick reply

Originally Posted by KernelPanic

Your title is: Hypnotherapy Bromley, Counselling Bromley, Psychotherapy BromleyHypnotherapy Bromley, Counselling Bromley, Psychotherapy Bromley

Hi , thanks for your quick reply. I have added changing the titles to my long list of things I need to alter. Do you feel this is the ultimate reason why Im not getting high up and changing the main topicsinto indivual pages wont help. Cheers Stu
  7. No Profile Picture

Longer tailed keywords rank well

You need to do research into what people are actually searching for which is also along the lines of the keyword you are targeting. You need a mixture of longer tailed keywords as you are more likely to rank for these quicker than shorter tailed keywords try three phrase keywords... and four tailed keywords too. Do a keyword research on Google adwords keyword tool.

Good luck with this.
    Last edited by VeInteractive; Nov 20th, 2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: did not read well
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I haven't looked at the site or done any analysis, but I am surprised no one has mentioned it yet - LINKS! Get relevant links from authority sites in your industry and on related topics.

A review of the practices and some descriptive content for someone else's site with a link back to your site would be helpful (don't duplicate content).

You gotta target the right keywords to get found by the people you want

You gotta have the content with the right keywords in it for the search engines to rank you anywhere decent

You gotta have links to that content telling the search engines that your content is worth ranking.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic

Hi fixed the keyword stuffing, I was using Yoast SEO (wordpress plugin) and it was duplicating everything, this is a common issue when I searched on the internet. Thought I mention here as someone else may bump into this. Had to remove the blog name from the below php edit <title><?php wp_title('|', true, 'right'); bloginfo('name'); ?></title>

Thanks again for pointing this out
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by VeInteractive
    You need to do research into what people are actually searching for which is also along the lines of the keyword you are targeting. You need a mixture of longer tailed keywords as you are more likely to rank for these quicker than shorter tailed keywords try three phrase keywords... and four tailed keywords too. Do a keyword research on Google adwords keyword tool.

Good luck with this.
    Hi and thanks for your reply, I have used google adwords to search for what I believe are the best search terms when I designed the site, while search terms like hypnotherapy would be a unrealistic target to go for I believe hypnotherapy Bromley (local town) would be a reachable target. I will defo do more research but my main concern is that on my front page I have crammed to many topics and I may need to split them into several pages and am wondering if anyone would know if its a good idea for seo purposes to split the topics on this page into seperate pages. thanks Stu
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tstolber
    I haven't looked at the site or done any analysis, but I am surprised no one has mentioned it yet - LINKS! Get relevant links from authority sites in your industry and on related topics.

A review of the practices and some descriptive content for someone else's site with a link back to your site would be helpful (don't duplicate content).

You gotta target the right keywords to get found by the people you want

You gotta have the content with the right keywords in it for the search engines to rank you anywhere decent

You gotta have links to that content telling the search engines that your content is worth ranking.
    Hi thanks for your reply, I do have quite a lot of back links to this website, the lady has paid back links from relevant websites like Hypnotherapy associations. I can of course work on this more, I do feel I have the basics on SEO like understanding the importance of H tags, right keywords etc but am more thinking along getting my site structure right too. If you could shed any light on if you feel my front page is not targeted enough it would help me allot and it would also mean my other few sites will also need me to adjust.

I guess my question is really
    Should each page be targeting individual keywords as my current front page may target too many.

Cheers
    Stu
  17. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'd work on getting visible in local search. Get on the map for your queries.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL