1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Eric ward - is he worth it?

so i am considering eric ward's service "Competitive Linking Analytics/Audit & Link Building Strategy Session
    with Eric Ward - $1,000 US"

does anyone have any experience with it? is it worth the price or can i find the same information here on the forums for free? please advise

thank you
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by webcornea
    so i am considering eric ward's service "Competitive Linking Analytics/Audit & Link Building Strategy Session
    with Eric Ward - $1,000 US"

does anyone have any experience with it? is it worth the price or can i find the same information here on the forums for free? please advise

thank you
    Is it worth the price?

That depends upon your current abilities. If you are a hot link builder now then maybe you can teach him a thing or two... but I bet that he can teach you something. Just one excellent piece of advice could be worth every penny that you pay.

That also depends upon your site. If you have a great site he will probably be able to help you but if you have a crap site it will attract more flies than links.

Can you find the same information here on the forums?

You can find general principles here on the forums but if you read here you will see most of the discussion spent on link exchange, three way links, directory submission, press releases, article writing. Those are the bottom feeding methods.

Just like having your site optimized. You can read and read but a good pro on the phone for an hour or so you will get good stuff and not need to waste time on crap.

Invest in yourself.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. It is what it is
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Is he worth it? Maybe if he ever got back to you. I paid the guy $1000 back in March 2008. Its now almost August 2008 and he still hasn't gone throught with his service. I basically set up a schedule almost 10 times...each time he promised to make them...each time he flaked. I guess I was just some small fry who he thought he could just ignore.

I've pretty much wasted this whole time with at least 30 emails to him, with him never responding. I'm sure he knows what he doing, but the man just never ever gets back to you, even when you pay. Now I have to go through my card company to get my money back. Its quite a shame.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : sorry to hear about that
    • europa agrees : Sad to hear.
    • JVRudnick agrees : too bad.....my sympathies but LEARN from this too, eh?
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Response from Eric Ward

Originally Posted by mhsiao45
    Is he worth it? Maybe if he ever got back to you. I paid the guy $1000 back in March 2008. Its now almost August 2008 and he still hasn't gone throught with his service. I basically set up a schedule almost 10 times...each time he promised to make them...each time he flaked. I guess I was just some small fry who he thought he could just ignore.

I've pretty much wasted this whole time with at least 30 emails to him, with him never responding. I'm sure he knows what he doing, but the man just never ever gets back to you, even when you pay. Now I have to go through my card company to get my money back. Its quite a shame.
    mhsiao45 - I would have replied sooner but I saw your comment for the first time today. You paid me in March of 2008, which is the month my father had a stroke, and he died a month later. During that time and in the months following, MANY emails and consult requests slipped through the cracks. Every single one of those people has been paid back, or the consult provided. All of this was well chronicled around the web, and even on my own blog in my personal post "What is the meaning of life, and link building?" which you can see at bit.ly/kLUBA. According to my records, Google Checkout and Paypal, you and every other person has been paid back. If you have evidence otherwise, send me it and I'll pay it with interest immediately.

Comments on this post

• europa agrees : Notable of you to follow up even though the post was dated.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by EricW
    mhsiao45 - I would have replied sooner but I saw your comment for the first time today. You paid me in March of 2008, which is the month my father had a stroke, and he died a month later. During that time and in the months following, MANY emails and consult requests slipped through the cracks. Every single one of those people has been paid back, or the consult provided. All of this was well chronicled around the web, and even on my own blog in my personal post "What is the meaning of life, and link building?" which you can see at bit.ly/kLUBA. According to my records, Google Checkout and Paypal, you and every other person has been paid back. If you have evidence otherwise, send me it and I'll pay it with interest immediately.
    A year and a half later comes the response, when the OP will likely never see it..... No doubt the result of an ego search on Google. But that said, I do appreciate a business that responds to all of it's complaints, positive or negative. And offering to pay interest.... nice touch.

Comments on this post

• realityhack agrees : +1
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    A year and a half later comes the response, when the OP will likely never see it..... No doubt the result of an ego search on Google. But that said, I do appreciate a business that responds to all of it's complaints, positive or negative. And offering to pay interest.... nice touch.
    Not an ego search, but rather a new client who pointed out the post to me. Ego search alerts from SEO forums are not my bag, as I don't link build for SEO. Never have. It's a misguided strategy.
  13. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Sorry this is very old thread but that show how Eric Ward was concerned about his service as Search community mourns loss of veteran link builder Eric Ward

Search community mourns loss of veteran link builder Eric Ward

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.